Partners who lie...

swaterfall

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funniest thing about NOLSe post...the First Time I climbed with my wife, we did a couple of pitches I lead to a big grassy bench. From there we top roped a few more climbs above us. I pulled the rope and told her I would clean the anchors if she coils the rope. I come back down to find her laying on top of the still uncoiled rope.

"What's wrong?"

"Everything is spinning."

Thankfully she has gotten off the meds that gave her the spinning which led into migranes.

But I still climbed with her. After all attractive women that clean up nicely yet can climb and go on three week backpacking trips without showers are rare to find!!

Here are some more questions to ask:

1. What is the hardest climb you done? Why? Why? Why?

2. Demonstrate a munster hitch. (trick question)

3. Who is Fred Beckey? What mountain did he have a FA for (another trick question!)

4. What is "spooning"? Who is your favorite partner to perform this with? Why? Why?

5. Have you ever failed a personality test?

6. Do you like gladiator movies?

7. Half empty or half full?

8. Do you know who I am? Tell me about myself.

9. How many posts do you have at cc.com?

10. Have you ever Z-clipped in the gym?

So the real question of the day is how many more posts before this ends up in spray?

as far as resumes go, quality is better than quantity.

as far as the other goes, ask your girlfriend if you want the real scoop. I brought tears of joy and ecstasy to her eyes over and over, she never had to miss more than commercials on her soaps.

If your going to make claims like that we want speed records from officialy sanctioned observers!

grin.gif

I know that there will be a good chance that I will be getting laughed at for struggling on the easy shit in Chamonix. The fucking Duetsche( is i spelled that correctly) will probably be laughing at me on my first few couple of trips back to Pottenstein in the Frankenjura. Will it be safe to go back WA and do some climbing? I don't know. I don't think that any of you know who I am and I'm kinda glad at the moment for it.

Well just a 3 of you.

Dear god quit the bitching. I've been stuck in a shithole for a year and I've been reprimanded for buildering the palace walls on many ocassions. Well I would have stopped but what could they possibly do to me? Send me to war?

Why in the hell would you want to do something that wasn't at least easy on the first time climbing with a complete stranger. Just to see where both of you are as far as skills go, to feel each other out, build up communication on a relatively low stress climb. Not only that, why in the hell would you want to do anything committing with a potential douche bag?

Here are some more questions to ask:

1. What is the hardest climb you done? Why? Why? Why?

2. Demonstrate a munster hitch. (trick question)

3. Who is Fred Beckey? What mountain did he have a FA for (another trick question!)

4. What is "spooning"? Who is your favorite partner to perform this with? Why? Why?

5. Have you ever failed a personality test?

6. Do you like gladiator movies?

7. Half empty or half full?

8. Do you know who I am? Tell me about myself.

9. How many posts do you have at cc.com?

10. Have you ever Z-clipped in the gym?

1. when i soloed the blaueis traverse on the hockalter(not too technically difficult just had the frightening feeling of being alone on a steep and bare glacier)

2. what a dick, sounds like an army guy who liked to screw with new privates and lt.s has crossed over to climbing

3.before this site i never knew who fred beckey was only heard the name a few times.

4.i'm not proud of what i do when it get's too cold but i've done more often than i care to say. no favorite partners but the worst are those who move a lot and have bad gas.

5.had no idea that you could fail those

6.i don't like watching very many movies at all

7.i'm a negative half empty person but i'll still laugh at a shitty situation, misery is hilarious

8.i'm Joel

9.is that at all pertinent?

10.educate me on what z-clipping is and why i should know about it(if it involves using a long rod to clip into your first piece i don't wanna know). never had a gym membership but maybey when i get back to the states i should get one

When looking for a partner, people have tendancy to try to impress you so you will think they are experienced. It's maybe ego or just them not wanting to to be dismissed as inexperienced. Then they themselves, think that everything will go smoothly (and everything always does in the mountains:0. The problem is, the lie(s) will be revealed, sometimes at the worst possible time. Then the person looks more incompetent that if they were honest to begin with.

The ego driven individual, in my experience, is the most dangerous as they seem to hold back the truth longer. Even after it is evident they are not what they claimed to be.

Roadside, it is just disappointing.

In the mountains, it is disappointing and kinda dangerous.

When I'm going climbing for the first time with a new partner I usually DOWNPLAY my experience and ability (as humble as it is). That way they don't get me on something "scawy". Plus, if they have greatly exaggerated their ability and try to lead something on which they are gripped and helpless, I might be able to get us out of the pickle.

When I'm going climbing for the first time with a new partner I usually DOWNPLAY my experience and ability (as humble as it is). That way they don't get me on something "scawy". Plus, if they have greatly exaggerated their ability and try to lead something on which they are gripped and helpless, I might be able to get us out of the pickle.

I am a competent 5.6, WI2, A1 leader. I can usually second 5.9 without falling off. fruit.gif