that's my county!

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like if people were so skeert of their kids learning about evolution, they might think about private school. rolleyes.gif

Its not about parents not wanting their kids taught about evolution, its about parents being offended about a sticker that says evolution is theory. I mean, really, look at a dozen books about how the land was formed, and you get one guy saying it was 10 billion years ago, another saying 100,000, and on and on. Oh, and my favorite: we derived from monkeys, or fish or cells washing upon rocks for millions of years, then BAM here we are. Its all bullshit! moon.gif

Its not about parents not wanting their kids taught about evolution, its about parents being offended about a sticker that says evolution is theory. I mean, really, look at a dozen books about how the land was formed, and you get one guy saying it was 10 billion years ago, another saying 100,000, and on and on. Oh, and my favorite: we derived from monkeys, or fish or cells washing upon rocks for millions of years, then BAM here we are. Its all bullshit! moon.gif
You obviously didn't read the court's reasoning in the article. The point was that the Board took a stand that was obviously in favor of a particular religious interpretation by placing those stickers in the books.

Oh, and my favorite: we derived from monkeys, or fish or cells washing upon rocks for millions of years, then BAM here we are. Its all bullshit! moon.gif

sounds like you may have missed a few of those evolushun classes yourself. okay, so what is your theory?

can the theory of intelligent design explain the dodo bird? sounds more like UNintelligent design to me. the Edsel of the bird world.

Sure!! The dodo went extinct because it was easy to catch and yummy. God put it on those islands to feed the people and give them a leg up so to speak, but then they angered him because they were sinners, so he took 'em away! Now they have a special place in God's Aviary in Heaven!!! fruit.gif

Here's a quote from that astronomy site:

The very heart of the evolution theory [myth that it is] is the concept of progression –

of upward change – from the lower to the higher, from the weaker to the stronger, from

the less perfect to the more perfect, from the more inferior to the more superior.

There's the problem in a nut shell. A creationist cannot accept evolution because they think that man has or is representative of some sort of innate supremacy in regards to other life forms. This is a commonly held misconception of natural selection. Evolution itself is often held to be some sort of "hierarchic progression" when in fact it is best described by its latin roots - evolution is "unfolding." For any understanding of natural selection, one must look past the errant social connotations that most people seem to ascribe to it. As if that could happen... rolleyes.gif