Alpiners Anonymous: PDX dry tool night

John Frieh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, I wish I'd seen this earlier Bryan and John, Phil Guidutti and I were out that way yesterday. I'm thinking Tue - Thurs are good days as it lets my bones rest and my wife wants to go on walks Wednesday as well.

Crap I'm inexplicably out of shape, every muscle in my upper body is sore today...good times. I've been getting out and gardening throughout the winter with an occasional route tossed in. Must not be enough.

Jasmine says since I'm so old, weak and tired I can be the camp bitch in Yosemite next month. She has me practicing "Do you guys want waffles or pancakes for breakfast" and "Here, I'll clean that up for you I need a rest day and am staying in camp"....she's been teasing me unmercifully with variations of this theme and she seems to get hours of laughter out of this:-) :lmao: So I'll be in for more laps and real rock bouldering moving forward.

Have fun tonight!

ps, you guys will like this one. Adam on a ground up FA last week, check out the ice axe:-) I think it's for fending off slug attacks.

resized_Left_Side_of_The_Arena_of_Pleasure.jpg

Super sweet John! Is the garage door opener on? Thursday after work perhaps?

BTW, it would be a great thing if you and Bryan hooked up with Adam (picture with ice axe in the moss above from last Saturday) at some point. Small world his girlfriend lives @ less than 1/2 mile from you in the new townhouses off MLK and Deekum.

Turns out, she was first responder and and attended to the woman who fell at HT, you guys must have been standing shoulder to shoulder at some point there on Sunday.

• 2 months later...

Thinking of some TR rock laps (no tools) tomorrow night after work at the butte @ 5:15pm. Anyone want to join in with Plaidman and I speak up. Probably nothing crazy, I'm just starting to come back from an injury and it still hurts, 10s or so....

Bryan...

John.....

other Dudes?

Thinking of some TR rock laps (no tools) tomorrow night after work at the butte @ 5:15pm. Anyone want to join in with Plaidman and I speak up. Probably nothing crazy, I'm just starting to come back from an injury and it still hurts, 10s or so....

Bryan...

John.....

other Dudes?

thursday?????

• 9 months later...
thursday?????

They say it's going to excellent weather tomorrow, Thurs.....what does everyone think? Should we all get our tired out of shape asses outside for some apre-work TR laps? Despite the extra winter lbs and out of condition things I can still belay to 5.10 without too much effort:-)

Ouch!

Last year I did the afterwork run to Beacon twice, Ozone once and The Far Side several times instead of the Butte. One time it was a 2 hour drive, means you have to sprint up the routes out there and all your time is in the car. Stuck for almost a full hour to get on the bridge to get to the couve.

btw, 143,808 views of this thread. Some of you need to step away from your puters and get out more:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...