Camalot 4.5

catbirdseat

I'm thinking of getting one of the old Camalot #4.5 cams just because they're on sale. Question is, "how much would I use it?". I've already used my #4 a couple times. I happen to like chimneys, but can't really say I've ever attempted a true hard offwidth. I supposed if I keep going to Vantage, I'd find plenty of climbs in which to use a 4.5. Anyone out there own one of these monsters? If so, how many times have you used it?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Own a 4.5 and 5 also... looking at getting a # 6 next. cantfocus.gif

I have used them on 4 - 5 routes a year (multiple placements per route) so they have paid for themselves... but I'm like E... I seek those routes out. hellno3d.gif

Now would be a good time to pick up the old models for cheap.

bring it! I've finally found a place for my #5 camalot...upside your head!!

yellaf.gif classic.

This has got to be the climbing equivalent to a girl fight... a boulder/sporto pissing match (only RuMR can't pull Mr E's hair hahaha.gif).

RuMR: what do you even own a # 5 for? paperweight?

bring it! I've finally found a place for my #5 camalot...upside your head!!

yellaf.gif classic.

This has got to be the climbing equivalent to a girl fight... a boulder/sporto pissing match (only RuMR can't pull Mr E's hair hahaha.gif).

yellaf.gif

You both can shine my bald spot moon.gif

w00t! 5000 posts!

Head out to the desert SW (Moab, some Red Rocks lines & some Sedona Towers) and you'll have the pretty red anodized coloring off that thing in no time smile.gif

Around here from my limited experience I found that #4 Camalot (~#5 Friend) seems to be sufficient "luxury" items.

Also, from my limited experience I sort of like Friends better than Camalots in the monster sizes (seem more stable but I do own a #5 Camalot) but those are not on sale.