EASTSIDE PUB CLUB, 10/15

Greg_W

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Tramp, I may be able to go. Any other Ballard denizen? How 'bout any NE Seattlites (I'm a post-Ballard expat now)?

Fremont here. What time's 520 clear up? Been a while since I've even driven that direction.

Yo Chris... [Wazzup]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, an enjoyable evening was had by all. But I gotta point out that by 10:30 there were only four people left. When we have an event in Seattle, the second wave is just starting to get warmed up by that time. You folks on the Eastside just don't know how to drink beer. You better show up at rope up for some lessons.

"Planning" for contingencies [laf] .

No matter what you post to these boards the next few days, when Larry shows at Bridge Creek or when some irate Mom starts going nutzo at 2am after asking everybody to shut-up for the 5th time, it's gonna be everyone trying to look small, like when the teacher is looking around to pick someone to read their report. Whoever gets "picked" is gonna be as lonely as those few folks who stick around to the end of a Pub Club and find $50 in the kitty to pay a $120 tab.

The best "plan" for those contingencies is probably to be lying comatose-quiet in a puddle of your own vomit when it's time to pay the piper.

Either that or, as you were hinting at in the other thread, have some people get there real early with a warchest and reserve every damn site at Bridge Creek for the weekend.

I thought it was closed and you couldnt reserve anything just first come first serve. In which case majority rules and the huge mob of cc.commers will displace or absorb all other camping parties.

[ 10-16-2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Dru ]

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

"Planning" for contingencies ...

have some people get there real early with a warchest and reserve
every
damn site at Bridge Creek for the weekend.

That would be cool. But also, there could be some thought put into whether or not we want to have music playing, which campsite is chosen for the main social area, whether plastic keg cups may be less subtle than drinking beer out of lexan water bottles, and who is or isn't going to be allowed to drive into town on a chip run after they get smashed. Things like that.

quote:

Originally posted by mattp:

Yes, an enjoyable evening was had by all. But I gotta point out that by 10:30 there were only four people left. When we have an event in Seattle, the second wave is just starting to get warmed up by that time. You folks on the Eastside just don't know how to drink beer. You better show up at rope up for some lessons.

Yeah I gotta say that bed time comes early out in the burbs. Dam last pub club in Seattle there were still 5 of us at 1 AM, and 009 kept the party going till 3 AM. The only down side was I had to call him to tell him he was late for work and deal with his sorry drunk ass all Wednesday. [laf]