Seattle is not Washington State

Fairweather

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see you Fairweather.

If you want to stay on the moral highground maybe you should give up stealing stuff. smirk.gif

On a more logical note if every one of the 536,978 people who live in Seattle voted for Christine Gregoire and the rest of the state's 2.8 million voters voted for Dino Rossi then Christine would have got 20% of the vote and Dino 80%. I think a bunch of your neighbors, the smart ones, voted for Christine Gregoire.

Nice to see you Fairweather.

If you want to stay on the moral highground maybe you should give up stealing stuff. smirk.gif

On a more logical note if every one of the 536,978 people who live in Seattle voted for Christine Gregoire and the rest of the state's 2.8 million voters voted for Dino Rossi then Christine would have got 20% of the vote and Dino 80%. I think a bunch of your neighbors, the smart ones, voted for Christine Gregoire.

I guess smart is all relative though, right AlpineK? wave.gif

I heard on the radio (this spouted by the DNC guy in WA [truth in advertising]) that there was a Cal Tech study done showing that the error rate of these voting machines is more than 1%. So, yes, 42 out of 2.8 million (0.00004%) is a tie.

A runoff election would be interesting and costly. What I think they ought to do is hold a lottery, and pick one lucky WA resident who gets to decide who the governor is. PLUS, just to make it like a real lottery (big money winner), that person would have no legal restrictions upon taking money from interest groups. Just think how exciting that would be!

Way better than basically giving the benefit of the doubt to one candidate because of a flip of the coin which is what is going to happen.

I heard on the radio (this spouted by the DNC guy in WA [truth in advertising]) that there was a Cal Tech study done showing that the error rate of these voting machines is more than 1%. So, yes, 42 out of 2.8 million (0.00004%) is a tie.

A runoff election would be interesting and costly. What I think they ought to do is hold a lottery, and pick one lucky WA resident who gets to decide who the governor is. PLUS, just to make it like a real lottery (big money winner), that person would have no legal restrictions upon taking money from interest groups. Just think how exciting that would be!

Way better than basically giving the benefit of the doubt to one candidate because of a flip of the coin which is what is going to happen.

I think that we have to do what the LAW allows, not what seems like a good idea a the time. My understanding is that if the difference is less than 150 votes, either side can request a hand recount. It would seem to me that hand counting would be even less accurate than machine counting, but who knows?

Funny how we don't hear Republicans whining like toddlers when the Democrats win a tight one. An interesting paradox if you ask me.
Remember when congress failed to vote for impeachment of Clinton? Who was the Republican congressmen with the penultimate whiny voice that said, "Of course he won, he always wins...?"

I'm not sure why Democrats keep getting called whiners all the time. Don't conservatives and/or Republicans whine a lot too? Janet Jackson's nipple shot comes to mind. Or more recently, some actress' suggestive naked back at the beginning of Monday night football. Both sides love to whine when they don't get their way. As for the election, it's a tough call. The law allows for a recount request, but that's really expensive. Some people would say to concede now is to quit while there's still a tangible chance for victory.

Edit: By the way, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Edited by Camilo

That's weird. The image is showing up on my computer in the original post and the link works just fine. Is this a Mozilla issue?

The image is still in your temp internet files. If you clear your cookies/history/etc. you will see the same "don't steal bandwidth" image as the rest of us

Here in TinyTown USA we once had a city council election come out as a dead even tie (31 to 31 or some such thing). Winner was decided by a coin flip in a fun little event. The sun still comes up in the morning...well some mornings anyway in Index.....

...but you see, one candidate did win. Dino Rossi. The election was not a tie, and anyone who wants to put forth that argument is mathematically challenged. Give it up Seattle libs! Washington State voters have spoken, and they say it's time for a change. If Christine Gregoire wants to drag this out; fine. The whole Democratic party will suffer the consequences in the next election. moon.gif