• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
EWolfe

What're Ya Reading Now?

Well while I wait for the AAJ to come the next two books in the stack are "Chicot the Jester" -Alexandre Dumas, and "Emma" - Jane Austen that ought to take a week or ten days to get through those.

Which is kinda like braggin to women about how fast you are in bed wave.gif

snaf.gif

Did your mama ever have any children that lived?

"Confederates in the Attic" by Tony Horwitz...on the couch

"Unfit For Command" by O'Neill and Corsey...at the gym

"The Starship and the Canoe" by Kenneth Brower...on the shitter

The ingredients list on the Cheerios box after I finish reading the fine print on the Shrek bobble doll deal.

Just finished two Jasper Fforde 'Thursday Next' books (fun. light reads)

'Mr. Timothy', by Louis Bayard - Timothy Cratchit as an adult, haunted by ghosts of his own, and solving a mystery.

Starting 'King Rat' by China Mieville

A Short History of Nearly Everything

by Bill Bryson

Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them

By Al Franken

just finished "memoirs of a geisha" (arthur golden) and "icebound" (jerri nielsen). both were good, although i wasn't impressed with geisha's ending. just started "under the banner of heaven" (krakauer). also trying to read a risk management textbook, but i don't find it very exciting. cantfocus.gif

Just finished "Under the Banner Of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer

Going to start "Naked" by David Sedaris

just finished "memoirs of a geisha" (arthur golden) and "icebound" (jerri nielsen). both were good, although i wasn't impressed with geisha's ending. just started "under the banner of heaven" (krakauer). also trying to read a risk management textbook, but i don't find it very exciting. cantfocus.gif

geisha was good, but i agree with your ending. I read it right before travelling to japan (and kyoto) and was lucky enough to spot a few geisha and see Gion with my own eyes. I wish to know now what happens inside those tea houses...

Under the Banner is a good book and like all of his, a real page turner...

Voters' Pamphlet -- Volumes 1 & 2

I'm sensing a liberal bias as evidenced by their use of the term pamphlet . . . rolleyes.gif