scarfed booty at Horsethief...name it and claim it

retired

Enjoyed a beautiful shirtless day at Horsethief butte today, bouldering and top rope soloing. Noticed some slings halfway up one of the highest but chossiest sections (what were you thinking???) and the booty run was on. Quite a little pile was in my pack 20 minutes later but shit it's nothing I need, don't you people have cams? so name it and it's yours for the story.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't know what an armpit of a place is until you visit New Mexico.

Milwaukee, WI (possibly the ugliest place I've ever seen)

Butte, MT (#1 EPA Superfund site, lots of unusual diseases and birth defects)

Most of NJ

East St. Louis. Ugly and dangerous.

Some town east of LA. The air smelled/tasted like the air from a bicycle innertube.

The Dalles is an earthly paradise compared to Butte, MT.

But the worst place I've ever been is Datong, China, near the Mongolian border. I do not recommend honeymooning there. Packs of mangy dogs roaming the muddy streets, a permanent yellow smog from the coal plants that puts LA to shame. Extremely depressing.

But this is getting away from the original subject. Who's going to step up and claim the neutrino that Jim found at Horsethief?

You don't know what an armpit of a place is until you visit New Mexico.

Milwaukee, WI (possibly the ugliest place I've ever seen)

Butte, MT (#1 EPA Superfund site, lots of unusual diseases and birth defects)

Most of NJ

East St. Louis. Ugly and dangerous.

Some town east of LA. The air smelled/tasted like the air from a bicycle innertube.

wichita, ks...absolutely no redeeming values

wichita, ks...absolutely no redeeming values

OMFG! Kansas sux ass so bad. I spent a week there one day while driving across the country! Talk about FLAT!

And about every 100 miles or so, there's these little outposts with big, tall, wire fences with razor wire on top and little control buildings near by, and lots of gov't warning signs all around... Made me think of "The Day After" the whole day. Creepy. <shiver>

I will agree that the Detroit airport sux well hung donkey; however my vote is for Taos, NM. Quite the trendy, tourist trap (ala Sisters, OR). While fine if you are into that sort of thing ("not that there's anything wrong with that"), but DEFINITELY not the place to be broken down. I'm still walking bull-legged over that little incident. smileysex5.gifcry.gif