FALL!!!!!!!!

erik

put crankin at index this fine weekend and it hit upon me that fall is approaching......

i dunno about you guys, but fall has to be my most favorite time of year....

so we were out at index and cranked some really good lines, not the usuall ones, we did do some but some out of the way stellar lines....i would love to share, but then i would have to share...and what fun is waiting to climb??

we checked out behind the 8 ball for pete puget...i even brought in east side back up with the no excuses rack.....well we waited till the end of the day and the involvment+the wanning light was enough of an excuse to not do it....i feel kinda like a washed up has been ofr not trying it....plus we had all the big toys there....but oh the dirt...the dirt i say....has anyone ever climbed this thing in a couple years??? it is not the same line i thought it was the other day....this thing is schweeeettt...cept for the near vertical bush scramble to the base.....we will be heading back into that canyon again soon.....this time with no excuses...hehe

so i had a blast just being at index...didnt go there all summer and now i have to go back....i know why i love that place.......

saw some homies i hadnt in a while and it was good to trade lies...

so with fall appraoching the smiff wok bug is awaking.....crag season is here!!

on a sad note...i torqued my ankle again for like the 50th time......

who did what and why?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was at index Sun, on route next to erik. Worked at Iron Horse, it felt better/easier than it has in the past. Still cant pull past the pins though. Then ran up GNS and came down for a short session on Terminal Preppie - I suck. Monday Summer tried to do C2 Ten Percent, but we ended up on Japanese Gardens as the rain started in earnest. Next stop, Sultan Bakery!

Beating my chest-

Sunday 6Am I pulled a mono digit pinner and smoked it down. Then I dozed off until noon [Cool]

Then I woke up and slugged back 12 cold beers and watched the Discovery Channel. Responded to some spray here a couple of times.

Monday- Cleaned house etc. Then ate a 20lb breakfast and bough me some more weed for next weekend. I was 10% Japanese Vinuculated on the 8 ball side of da house in with my new mtn bike. [big Drink]

Well, Caveman may or may not have your bike, but he's sure got a firm grasp on your chain!

I love fall too, but I think there's at least a day each season I look around and exclaim, "This, this is my favorite season."

Got out for an alpine adventure with my step-son Ben this weekend. We thought we were doing the Direct NE Buttress on Dragontail, but in actuality I think we were in some crack system between that route and the 1971 Beckey line. We were slow, fumbled around into some mossy decomposing shit, lost time getting out, and wound up spending Saturday night at what I think was the rappel point on the 71 route. Most miserable night in the mountains of my life, winds were 35mph or so with gusts strong enough to blow you over. Finished the next day with more wind, uncontrollable shivering, and whiteout. All in all, an excellent educational experience for Ben. Of course, this morning he headed back off to Maine for college so I'm feeling sad and mopey. [Frown] Still, its turning fall and I do love that, then next thing you know its time for snowboarding [big Grin] But hey, you know Spring is gonna be pretty cool too, then....

Caveman and I tried this certain obscure buttress in Slesse area. Hiked in. Hiked out of a cloud sea to BLUE SKY AND SUNRISE [big Grin] sweet. took pix. yodeled for tex and highlander to hear on NE butt.

climbed some pitches including a fun traverse that ate too much time and gear and required inventiveness like changing from hiking boots to slippers halfway through. we got to a 3rd class section 6 pitches up, called slow [Roll Eyes] and bailed off. fun rappel into the void and touch down at 59.5m

fell down on slabs on the hike back down.

got to road, back to town, smokey drinkey, insulted a local politician. [big Grin] i think ray was impressed by the cdn. political system [laf]

sunday we went up to rescue tex and highlander from the rain [Razz] but they had already completed route and went home.

I'm just glad they made it off in one piece... sounded spicey for sure [big Grin] I am now the proud owner of 3 new used cams wich are way cooler than the bike, although i feel sorta bad for keeping them. the bike is just a bike [Razz]

hey off white.... I was just teasing them. my "chain" is still up for grabs [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Ask them. They climbed a new route though since they got on the wrong pocket glacier (N slesse Gl) and did not want to go back through it they climbed on. Sounds like a hard climb. Something was mentioned about 5.10 runouts and would not do it again.

so this is the buttresses on the ridge from slesse to crossover, right of fraser ribber? at least the rock is good over there. [Cool]

quote:

Originally posted by Off White:

Of course, this morning he headed back off to Maine for college so I'm feeling sad and mopey.
[Frown]
Still, its turning fall and I do love that, ...

Hey, Maine is an awesome place to be in Fall! Make sure he heads over to N. Conway for some prime granite. Mt. Washington or any other "presidential" mountains are best in the fall, especially when it snows high above timberline and the leaves are peaking!