GODZILLA: WHY IM HARD

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

Dr. Flash Amazing must now retract all of his previous arguments with Dwayno over climbing styles and whatnot, as it is now clear that Dwaneage is so high on himself he's off his fucking rocker. DFA would not have wasted the time had he but known.

Given what he's seen of this patient's case, however, the Doctor's advice to Dwaynepipe is to rap down off the astonishingly high horse for a bit, at least long enough to pull the stick outta your arse. And do keep up your non-sport climbing tendencies, as DFA hates running into pricks at the crag.

Ta ta,

Dr. Flash Amazing

[laf] you are my new hero Flash!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

"I'll refrain from pissing in the wind this time."

[rockband]

You don't pull on Petey Puget's cape,

You don't pee in the wind,

You don't pull, the iceaxe away from Dwayner,

And you don't mess around with Big Lou

doo-duh doo-duh doo-uh doot-doot-do-da

[rockband]

Sorry dude, none of you is as bad as Jim Brown.

..Jim Croche

[Wink][rockband] 's [big Grin]

[ 08-21-2002, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: sk ]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

quote:

quote:

"I'll refrain from pissing in the wind this time."

[rockband]

You don't pull on Petey Puget's cape,

You don't pee in the wind,

You don't pull, the iceaxe away from Dwayner,

And you don't mess around with Big Lou

doo-duh doo-duh doo-uh doot-doot-do-da

[rockband]

Sorry dude, none of you is as bad as Jim Brown.

..Jim Croche

[Wink]
Yeah, Croche sang it but wasn't the character in the song named Jim Brown? I thought so, anyway. And wasn't he from Chicago?

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Stop thread drift now!

Oh, oops!

Sport climbing is fun!

Sport climbing is lame!

No, sport climbing is fun, but sport climbers are dorks!

No, you're a dork!

Shut up! Don't judge a man by the condition of his knickers unless he's shorter than you!

Your ego is like a melon, it is large and full of seeds!

Trad climbing is the only way.

Shut up or I'll kick your ass!

You couldn't kick your way out of a wet horsecock wrapper!

You both suck snaffle jizz!

Etc., etc., ad infinitum.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

jim walker got his ass kicked by a kid named slim
[big Grin][Razz]

My point still stands: PP, Dwayner, nor Big Lou are as bad as Jim Walker. Or Slim for that matter.

Greg W

And let's not forget Alley Oop, who's:

A mean motor scooter AND a bad go getter.

Also, the hully-gully king of swing.

Top that, Big Lou!

"And do keep up your non-sport climbing tendencies, as DFA hates running into pricks at the crag."

Excellent! No worries, mate! I'd hate to have to call His Lou-ness to rescue your miserable butt from the big 'ole mountains when you run out of drink mix, forget your fork, get frightened by a snafflehound striking the two-legged threat pose, rip your tights, etc. or any number of other dire emergencies!

[rockband][rockband]

Just catching up after a few hours away from the computer... got to stop doing things other than monitoring the board...anyway, LMAO, and no, PP and I are not the same person. WE DO have a mutual admiration society that others might find revolting though. [Cool]

AS for my organizing the secret Pub Club, well, I was partly guilty, but Jules gets some of the blame too. It was all in attempt to placate Timm@y, who was in town and didn't want to go to Tacoma. He didn't show in Seattle either. [Frown]

Now what's this about a blight on Elliot Bay? That sounds like the sailboat, but honestly I swear it wasn't that dirty and I washed her down on Monday...! [geek]

Now here's a little number from King Crimson's Discipline disc for my boy Petey P: [rockband]

Godzilla == radioactive snafflehound. [sNAFFLEHOUND]

And, you ain't that hard, don't get so full of yourself... although that's apparently a big part of this thread... in which case I should say something like "I am the SHIT! I lead Godzilla my first try!"

Time for me to let computer collect more dust than my climbing gear... suggest more folks try same strategy, whether "gear" equals quickdraws or microaliens...

--cd.

Why is trad climbing 'real climbing'?

Other than the fact that you climb cracks and not bolted faces (although plenty of 'trad climbs' have bolts protecting the odd face move) and place your own gear, it should be the same damn thing.

You can be into on-sighting or redpoints/projects, be it sport or trad (although because of the gear thing, redpointing trad leads is a bit silly). Still, it's not like Ron Kauk sent Magic Line on his first try or anything. He worked it.

If you take away the annoying anti-sport holier-than-thou attitude of the old-school trads, and the equally annoying attitude of the anti-trad sport types (rarer), you're left with the same damn thing. Drive up, get your gear, consult a guidebook for something you want to do, climb it. In trad climbing, part of the problem is how to protect it, and on bolted climbs you just focus on the moves. Big deal. It's not like trad climbs are 'cleaner' (since a lot of classic cracks have been totally changed by pitons and cleaning, during the fa or over time), although they often follow 'cleaner' lines, which is nice if you're into that. Talking about 'purer climbing' is like listening to enviros debate whether humans are natural... totally value-dependent circular arguments.

Trad climbing's great. Sport climbing's great. Same shit, different smell. Shit, I've been reading the same tired shit for the past 8 years, and it was old back then.

Shit. [hell no]

Enough ranting.

Given what he's seen of this patient's case, however, the Doctor's advice to Dwaynepipe is to rap down off the astonishingly high horse for a bit, at least long enough to pull the stick outta your arse. And do keep up your non-sport climbing tendencies, as DFA hates running into pricks at the crag.

Ta ta,

Dr. Flash Amazing[/QB]

Dude you are mega RAD [laf]

You have them alpo trad'ie stick up the [Moon] cerebralrectumitis suffer'in wankers spew'in little balls and veins bulge'in in there necks

You are the SPRAYMASTER

The amazing co. is surely destined to be a Multimega$$$$$co.

I believe Popeye said "I yam what I yam and that's ALL that I yam".

I also would completely agree with whoever said 5.11 is closer to 4th class than it is to 14c. I don't think there's any question about that one. Most anyone fairly fit could climb a select 5.11 in a matter of months with proper coaching and training; 14c? Years.... if....

gonna have to call bull-shit on that one there. the average person in this country is what 15 lbs overweight? i dont think the average person could climb REAL 5.9 in a couple of months think about it: climbing index 5.11 carying a 15-20 lb paunch? ya right!

oh and if you mean squish 5.11 that would be like what 5.9 after the exchange rate?

[ 08-21-2002, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Fence Sitter ]

JayB,

What you propose is a meritocracy where someone's "merit" often cannot be verified. What can be verified is whether someone's posted words are stupid or not. I think it's OK to flame posted stupidity even if the ignoramous can climb harder than me. This site is nothing more than words. Climbing is only a pervasive theme.

Remember our dear departed CrazyPolishBob? He was an obnoxious prick but he claimed to climb 5.13's or something. According to your standards noone here could flame him (or 86 him).

I think your idea of envisioning talking to the object of your spray in person is a good one, and I try to do that in my lucid moments. I think it's just plain stupid to think that I can't talk shit to someone (in person) if they climb harder than me.

quote:

I have another one to add - before making negative comments about one of your fellow climbers, imagine yourself at the base of the hardest route they're capable of leading at the moment - with an audience.

Ludicrous! Why should this be a yardstick? What is so special about climbing? How about "imagine yourself trying to do the hardest math test they're capable of acing?" How about "imagine yourself trying to build the Lego creation that person has done". [Roll Eyes][laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:

Glad to know you often concurr with me. Thanks for the correction. I must have confused you with someone else. With all the churning in here it's hard to differentiate who said what. But my point still stands. And to reiterate it: 5.11 is further from 5.14c than it is from 4th class.

That's total BS, there are many days when both 5.11 and 14c are impossible but 4th class is always possible!!

First 4th class - prehistoric hunters c. 10 000 BC or earlier

First 5.11 - probably Joe Brown and Don Whillans c. 1957 (also first V7 in Fontainebleau)

First 14c - Hubble 1990.

So that's something like 11, 500 years from 4th class to 5.11 and only 33 years from 5.11 to 5.14c... seems like 11 and 14 pretty close together...