GODZILLA: WHY IM HARD

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One fallacy in Dwayner's critique and it may be simply the result of never climbing very hard routes is as follows:

He derides hang dogging on a specific route, yet in the easy grades where Dwayner admittedly resides he ignores the fact that the moves are for the most part less unique than at the higher grades. For example by climbing one layback at a lower grade you are basically training for many others. So a fall here or a hang thereon many different routes is in essence the same as hangdoging on a single very hard route. Admittedly this hangdoging by another name is much less efficient and effective than modern sport hangdoging but truly it is still hangdoging as well.

As a proud American pragmatist I am ashamed we didn't lead the way on this.

PP

Ok, so tr-ing is real climbing but sport climbing isn't, even if you're leading? I say, take the whipper or get the hell off the climb and see how it's done. Gotta trust your gear placements or the bolts, if you don't then you never will, even on tr. [Wazzup]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

...the "i wish i were erik" fan clib....trask is the pres and gregw is vp...

Would like to take this chance to mention that we ARE interviewing for new members. This is not like the "i wish i were an asshole sportclimber with a pompous post-graduate title in front of my name" fan club where you pay your $5 and automatically get your yellow spandex and stick-clip. There are rules and initiations. Each candidate will be interviewed extensively by Trask and myself; female candidates should be prepared for swimsuit and talent competitions. PM myself or Trask, if interested.

Greg W

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

This is not like the "i wish i were an asshole sportclimber with a pompous post-graduate title in front of my name" fan club where you pay your $5 and automatically get your yellow spandex and stick-clip...

Greg W

So, Greg, what seems to be up your ass, mate? If you take the Doctor's title and demeanor too seriously, it must be your head, as Dr. Flash Amazing is just a front for a guy having fun wasting time on the internet. And just FYI, old bean, yellow spandex hasn't been seen at a sport crag since before DFA started climbing, but thanks for playing "Stereotype the Sport Climber!"

Maybe you need to hit the firing range and work off some of that aggression, eh?

this is fucking amazing...i get home form index and you tools have written 4 pages on some post i made about some pussies gang raping a classic...holy fuck...just wanted to make the point that 7-8 people top roping a 40 meter climb 2 times a piece was gettin pretty selfish and you people just start ripping on people... your next live will be spent reicarnated as large piles of shit...thus sayeth the monk.... [MR T]

quote:

Originally posted by RedMonk:

this is fucking amazing...i get home form index and you tools have written 4 pages on some post i made about some pussies gang raping a classic...holy fuck...just wanted to make the point that 7-8 people top roping a 40 meter climb 2 times a piece was gettin pretty selfish and you people just start ripping on people... your next live will be spent reicarnated as large piles of shit...thus sayeth the monk....
[MR T]

"gang raped by pussies" you bible school types sure have weird fantasies [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

This is not like the "i wish i were an asshole sportclimber with a pompous post-graduate title in front of my name" fan club where you pay your $5 and automatically get your yellow spandex and stick-clip...

Greg W

So, Greg, what seems to be up your ass, mate? If you take the Doctor's title and demeanor too seriously, it must be your head, as Dr. Flash Amazing is just a front for a guy having fun wasting time on the internet.

Hmmm.

So Dr. Flash Amazing is neither?

[ 08-20-2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Attitude ]

quote:

Originally posted by RedMonk:

who says i'm the bible school type...my first grade sunday school teacher would dissagree...

sorry i blew your cover but you told us how you're going to school in Langley, it wasn't that hard to figure out... [laf]

I'm busy at the moment and don't have time to rephrase what I've already stated. If you don't understand it...some other time.

P.P. you're back to your old, tired self.

a) you don't know squat about what Dwayner has climbed, or can or cannot climb.

b) you are to be recognized as a master pseudo-logian.

c) you give me a dang headache.

d) you think sport-doggin' and its accompanying luggage has improved climbing? I disagree.

e) did I mention that you give me a headache?

Sexy Coco.....I thought you went out to clip some choss? Your time might be better teaching P.P. a few of the latest Moondance steps.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr Flash Amazing:

quote:

Originally posted by Attitude:

So Dr. Flash Amazing is neither?

Nope, Dr. Flash Amazing is all of the above. It's a superhero/alter ego scenario, kind of like Superman/Clark Kent or something, but without the twee outfit.

Ya I bet you are smart enough to wear your underwear INSIDE your tights... but you get VPL that way [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

I'm busy at the moment and don't have time to rephrase what I've already stated. If you don't understand it...some other time.

d) you think sport-doggin' and its accompanying luggage has improved climbing? I disagree.

Sexy Coco.....I thought you went out to clip some choss? Your time might be better teaching P.P. a few of the latest Moondance steps.

And people criticize Dr. Flash Amazing for being pompous? [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

Ouch those personal insults. Actually you and Pope have both indicated (several times) that you have never climbed a hard route by modern standards. I could go bother looking up the threads but since you know it to be true you also know I do know more than squat.

Dwayner! Please refrain from insulting me! I am a fragile poster.

Oh and did you mean perhaps logion? [Roll Eyes]

I'd be happy to learn the Moondance. I am waiting for Sexy's new video so I can learn the basics in my house. Soon thousands of housewives (and aspiring sportos too) will be losing pounds doing the moondance.

ya i did lead it...and it wasn't that hard...it forced some awkward moves (but my tecnique is shitty) ... i definitely was fun and a pumper...but princely is much harder i feel...not as sustained...but definitely harder...oh and by the way... i go to that school on a track scholarship and i study business admin. and comm...soo....what's your point ace? dont you get tired of pickin fun at people new to climbing? i dont get it...seems rather immature to me...and i'm only 20...