summer time reading

lummox

i ken reed gud. i like it. dont get to do it much anymore with work. but a couple trip cancellations let me crack that dead tree stuff. just read 'perfect circle'. fuking fun read. working through 'place of names'. that literary shit gives me headaches but saramago is pretty good. also recently read 'waiting'. that was purty gud 2. thumbs_up.gif

course there are the playboys on the boat. wtf is up with the shaved snatches? ifn i wanted to perv out on a big titted 12 year old i would go to the mall. evils3d.gif

what you all reading that is good (and climbing related stuff dont count cuz its all shit)?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf is up with the shaved snatches? ifn i wanted to perv out on a big titted 12 year old i would go to the mall.
my sentiments exactly thumbs_up.gif

July reading:

Da Vinci Code

EcoTopia

Eat, Drink and be Healthy (harvard med sch)

Encounters with the Archdruid

bathroom chapters: Colorado 14ers

The Scar by China Mieville, which I'm only just starting, looks to be awesome, in a Gene Wolfe wierd world kind of way. Mostly set at sea, a bonus for you, eh Lummox?

In terms of Tim O'Brien, I really liked The Things They Carried. It had an awesome way of speaking so realisticly in the first person, you believed it was non-fiction. O'Brien would periodically pierce the veil to remind you it was fiction, and damned if by the next story you didn't buy right back into it. One of the better Vietnam books I've read.

I'm finishing up Crime and Punishment right now. The last few books I've read recently were Against All Enemies, the third Harry Potter, Hotel New Hampshire, Slaughterhouse 5, and Touching the Void(shit alpine slogging literature, sorry Lummox).

Innovations in Pension Fund Management

Pioneering Portfolio Management

The Winner's Curse

Feudalism in Japan

A perfect list for the beach!

I recently finished Seabiscuit, which I really liked.

Genome, by Matt Ridley, one of those books you feel like you should restart right after finishing to get all you missed the first time.

Folly, a mystery by Laurie R. King. Takes place on a San Juan island.

April 1865, the Month that Saved America (Jay Winks) interesting even if you're not a particularly interested in Civil War history.

The Book of Joe (Jonathan Tropper)

and, my first recommendation:

Climbing with Sasha, by Warren Guntheroth. He's a local doc, a Mountaineer (I think). The book is about his experiences climbing with his Siberian Husky. A really fun read.

"Running on Empty: How the Democratic and Republican Parties are Bankrupting Our Future and What Americans Can Do about it - Peterson"

Nice, I've been a Peterson fan ever since "Facing Up" with Paul Tsongas. I'll have to check this one out.