Lance wins L'Alpe!!

gslater

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the Cannondale six13, it came out at the tour last year and they had to add weights to make it UCI legal (15 #). They had an add campaign saying Legalize my Cannondale. Actually the whole team (Saeco) wore jerseys in one stage and took a ding from the officials for it. UCI had the rule to keep people from making superlight bikes that would fall apart at high speeds and kill, but i think technology has passed the 15# mark and can still be safe. allthough dropping the rule could create a division between rich teams with "light" bikes and poor teams with "heavies". That said, my 17# bike is basically a huffy compared to the tour bikes.

Did anybody see that fucker spit in Lance's face? I can't believe they let the spectators anywhere near the riders. They need to contract some rugby players to enforce the "don't fuck with the athlete" rules.

No shit. It's cuz the French (and Euro's for that matter) are pissed that an American is crushing them at their own game for the sixth straight year. Imagine a French football team coming over and winning the Super Bowl six straight times.

Why do they let the crowd stand so close to the riders? Seriously, it's gotta slow the riders down.

After a lousy day at work, I found the Tour too stressful to watch last night. Those car horns blaring, the mob grabbing at riders, flapping flags at them, and grabbing at them---I was waiting for one 'em to take a spill as a result.

Lance stated in his post race interview that it was the German fans that were out of control. Drinking for 2 or 3 days before and wanting Jan Ulrich to win made for some poor sportsmanship by the German fans. Lance also stated that the U.S. fans are by far the most curteous of all, even to the foreign riders, they show respect. Just shows that the U.S. athletes and fans are a class act. Go Lance!!!