Route conditions

thrutch

Reading thru this here site this evening it blows my mind on how dumb people are when they ask about snow conditions. It is spring time, it ends to snow in the moutains in the winter and typically does not melt out till early july. This cycle has been repeating for several thousand years. You are planning on climbing a mountain why not just plan on snow and not ask the dumb question. You know who you are so why not just give up early cause you will probably bail either way.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you'd read carefully you'd see a *lot* of these people (myself included) are asking about very specific snow conditions for the sake of skiing, etc. The cascades aren't one big homogenous range. Go compare the snowpack at 6k east of wa pass with the snowpack at 6k around cascade pass. Whether it's a good snow year or bad, the snowpack from region to region can vary significantly. There is nothing wrong with trying to solicit information about a specific area if people have been there.

Hey that reminds me. Do you happen to know what the conditions are like at the pass? Do I need boots and gaiters for potential post holing or will approach shoes work?

Also do you know if the routes I plan to climb will be dry?

... seriously, so the fuck what if people ask about conditions. Sure everyone knows there is snow to some degree or another, but what's wrong with getting up to date info if someone's been to the area you're interested in. Lighten up dude !

Reading thru this here site this evening it blows my mind on how dumb people are when they ask about snow conditions. It is spring time, it ends to snow in the moutains in the winter and typically does not melt out till early july. This cycle has been repeating for several thousand years. You are planning on climbing a mountain why not just plan on snow and not ask the dumb question. You know who you are so why not just give up early cause you will probably bail either way.

eat balls ass eyes! How much moss am I going to need to clean off to get that sweet FA in Hope?? hahaha.gif

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY PARTIES WILL BE ON GIVLERS CRACK ON OCTOBER 11 2004. AM PLANNING ASCENT AND WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY GU PACKETS I WILL NEED TO CONSUME WHILE WAITING FOR SLOW FUCKERS IN FRONT OF ME
Can someone tell me how many quickdraws I'll need to bring?

Yeah, what the fuck dude? Some routes are very condition dependent like the couloir leading to the west ridge of Forbidden, and a bunch of stuff like that. If you don't care about that stuff, then don't read it. moon.gif

how many crashpads am I going to need to do Pray for Mojo and not shit myself on the top out?? I'm thinking a whole god damn lot.....

if used properly, a big pile of shit will be at least as effective as 2 crashpads. one for absorbing fall energy and one psychologically - who wants to back flop into a dung heap?