What would you do?

ken4ord

So your driving down this rough dirt road, somewhat narrow, but there are place where two cars can pass each other. Then in your rear view mirror you see this Jeep come up on you, obviously going faster than you are. They end up being right behind you for a ways. Then you notice they are flashing their lights at you. After a bit of the flashing lights and driving close to you they give you a light honk on the horn.

What do you do in this situation?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if this is in canada you pull over to one side, and don't stop, but slow down enough to let them by.

in the states, get your gun out and shoot the tailgating motherfucker! snugtop.gif

That is interesting. hmmm I didn't think about that part, so I am rvamping the question, what would you do and where do you live?

So I don’t get, let’s see Ratboy, Dru, dberdinka, AlpineK, rbw1966 all seemed to have pretty reasonable answers. I don’t understand why the rest of you would let the Jeep by? There are places to allow them to pass in the road. Wouldn’t you be curious as what the big rush was all about? Would paranoia have kicked in for some of you potheads, your out on a dirt road somebody driving a little aggressive, flashing lights, even a honk? Granted some people just drive that way and are way to agro for their own good, but I would like to think that most people aren’t like that.

Yep Offwhite that was me in the Jeep here is the full story.

My girlfriend moved last Friday most likely for good, to the other side of the world, literally. It was freaking raining in the mountains and I couldn’t go climb. Damn! So I decided to go up to some hot springs and just chill this last Sunday. I got up to the springs around 10:30 and started soaking and smoking, and I tell ya, life don’t much better than that. People came and went, I stayed, at times almost passing out cause I was so relaxed and yeah stoned too. Eventually I was the last one there, but I had enough, any longer and I was going to start melting and the herbal remedy was gone at that point. I packed up my shit and started walking out.

I took my time spacing off checking out the old growth forest, looking at the nearby mountains in between the trees to see if I could spot any big cliffs that might have been overlooked. Nope, no big unclimbed faces were found. Oh well it didn’t matter at that point, actually nothing really did. Shit I was so relaxed when I crossed the crotch deep river, I didn’t feel anything. On the other side of the river was the couple that was last at the spring. They said something like that I didn’t waste any time crossing or that it is shallower going some other way. There were some other setting up camp and they invited us over for beers, the declined, shit free cold beer, yeah I there.

I chilled for a while with these folks. They were a little strange, one girl had some light tongue ring with pink or purple (hell maybe I was just seeing things), one dude was talking a mile a minute and my brain was going an inch a minute, but like I said and the band Queen, “nothing really matters anymore more”. Well I said my goodbyes and hit the road.

Just a little ways down the road I see this back window to a pick-up cap lying in the road. I pull over and notice it is still in tack so I lean it up against a tree, and took note that there was a damn mountie sticker on the glass. ‘Dumb Mountie I thought, didn’t even notice loosing his back cap window’. Well I thought to make things interesting for 20 mile drive out that I would try and catch whoever drop their window, which I figured were right in front of me since nobody had run it over.

After I got started on my new mission, I thought damn, I should have just thrown the window it in the Jeep, but that was too much thought for my inch a minute mind. Well I caught them within a few minutes and at first I thought once they pull over to let me by I will stop and tell them. A minute passes and quite a few turn outs, hmmm, ‘maybe they don’t see me, hell they didn’t see their window drop’. So I flicked the lights and they picked up the pace. ‘Mountie moron’, I thought what gives, man they obviously know I am back there and going much faster that they were. I even start flashing before pullouts and slowing down to indicate that I want them to let me by. So more minutes and more pullouts pass at this point he has even picked up the pace. So then I started with light taps on the horn, did this work? Nope. I was just amazed this dude was going faster than he wants to, but still does not want to let me by. Eventually after about 5 to 7 minutes of this, the guy pulls over.

I roll down my window and tell him that he lost his back window. His reply was, “It always pops up, it’s ok.” Me “Your window is in the middle of the road, not on your truck.” “Oh, I just thought you wanted to pass.” At that point I had to drive away from the stupidity. I couldn’t believe it, that he thought I wanted to pass, but didn’t let me by.

I just had to laugh at the Mountie moron.