annabelle is going for it

lummox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what's funny to me:

I couldn't drag my ass to the top of that hill from either side. But why would you peeps be dissin' on AlpineK, who is obviously not a trust-fund rich kid or sponsored for some bullshit reason? He made a dirtbag trip happen, and made it pretty high on a still unclimbed route on the mountain. How many of you would even consider attempting a new route on an 8000m peak? The committment level alone is more than 95% of you could muster (myself included).

I know I probably couldn't summit the thing because I understand my aerobic capacity. But I also know I wouldn't be freaked out about jugging and/or rapping fixed lines on a 60deg ice face. The simple fact is, this lady is a reasonably attractive endurance athlete who played her ass for a shot at glory. She won. Congratulations for fierce aerobic capacity and playing the PR game. She still is nothing more than a glorified high altitude hiker. Nothing wrong with that, but to say she "climbed everest" is an insult to people like A.K. who actually climbed on the mountain in good style.

The whole commericialized, peak bagger, pop-culture, latest craze, ego-ridden aspect of her trip and personality is in opposition to everything that climbing culture means to me. Maybe you think differently, and if so, hopefully you'll be hang dogging with your shirt off on some overgraded bolted choss pile spraying to your buddies and grunting loudly everytime a chick enters earshot while I'm off climbing something in the backcountry listening to the wind. One thing is for certain, you won't be roping up with me.

Here's what's funny to me:

I couldn't drag my ass to the top of that hill from either side. But why would you peeps be dissin' on AlpineK, who is obviously not a trust-fund rich kid or sponsored for some bullshit reason? He made a dirtbag trip happen, and make it pretty high on a still unclimbed route on the mountain. How many of you would even consider attempting a new route on an 8000m peak? The committment level alone is more than 95% of you could muster (myself included).

I know I probably couldn't summit the thing because I understand my aerobic capacity. But I also know I wouldn't be freaked out about jugging and/or rapping fixed lines on a 60deg ice face. The simple fact is, this lady is a reasonably attractive endurance athlete who played her ass for a shot at glory. She won. Congratulations for fierce aerobic capacity and playing the PR game. She still is nothing more than a glorified high altitude hiker. Nothing wrong with that, but to say she "climbed everest" is an insult to people like A.K. who actually climbed on the mountain in good style.

The whole commericialized, peak bagger, pop-culture, latest craze, ego-ridden aspect of her trip and personality is in opposition to everything that climbing culture means to me. Maybe you think differently, and if so, hopefully you'll be hang dogging with your shirt off on some overgraded bolted choss pile spraying to your buddies and grunting loudly everytime a chick enters earshot while I'm off climbing something in the backcountry listening to the wind. One thing is for certain, you won't be roping up with me.

word up thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

well said. why anybody would be bagging on AlpineK is beyond me. His attempts are many times more difficult than the drag-up summit she got. It's kind of lame that the public's view of climbing is tainted cause of that shit, but oh well, they dont understand anyway. rolleyes.gif

Maybe you think differently, and if so, hopefully you'll be hang dogging with your shirt off on some overgraded bolted choss pile spraying to your buddies and grunting loudly everytime a chick enters earshot while I'm off climbing something in the backcountry listening to the wind. One thing is for certain, you won't be roping up with me.

Damn that's good. Chalk one up for the good guys.

Grab a stopwatch. Mark the time you spend per day on this thread in a fat-ass chair belay. Multiply the time spent here dissing Annabelle by the diagonal measurement of your monitor. Divide by your sperm count. Multiply the resultant by the number of times you acutally left the house over the last two months while Annabelle climbed Everest. Go to a fast food restaurant and order that many cheeseburgers. Eat 'em up. Now call yourself a "Cascade Climber."

As a general rule on cc.com, those who bag on [anything] have never tried [whatever it is] or are not very good at [whatever it is]. Take this thread, for example: how many of the "baggers" have even been on even one expedition to a real peak in the Himalaya? Plenty of climbers around here HAVE been on expeditions over there, by the way.

Anybody who purposely turns herself into a attention whoring media circus is gonna get shit-talked, that is just how it is. It isn't like people are dissin on someone living their lifelong dream or anything. Yeah, she was able to slut her way into an opportunity that many of us would love to have. Just because we are jealous doesn't mean that we can't justifably talk shit about a lame ass media circus "climb".

Talk shit all you want, JoshK. Hell, I even agree with what you just wrote so I'm not arguing with you but your argument is really nothing new. However, consider the possibility that the main point you are making here is that JoshK is a shit-talker. On this matter, I think you make a good point.

As a general rule on cc.com, those who bag on [anything] have never tried [whatever it is] or are not very good at [whatever it is]. Take this thread, for example: how many of the "baggers" have even been on even one expedition to a real peak in the Himalaya? Plenty of climbers around here HAVE been on expeditions over there, by the way.

I don't give a shit if he carried 72 black eyed virgins to the top without oxygen while wearing just a sarongwhile pulling a sled with his testicles... no need to bag on another's accomplishments especially if she isn't here to hear it. I would bet my left one that if she was here, his tune would change.

Talk shit all you want, JoshK. Hell, I even agree with what you just wrote so I'm not arguing with you but your argument is really nothing new. However, consider the possibility that the main point you are making here is that JoshK is a shit-talker. On this matter, I think you make a good point.

I know its early but I nominate this as post for the day.

Grab a stopwatch. Mark the time you spend per day on this thread in a fat-ass chair belay. Multiply the time spent here dissing Annabelle by the diagonal measurement of your monitor. Divide by your sperm count. Multiply the resultant by the number of times you acutally left the house over the last two months while Annabelle climbed Everest. Go to a fast food restaurant and order that many cheeseburgers. Eat 'em up. Now call yourself a "Cascade Climber."
Annabelle? Is that you? I am so sorry. It won't happen again. Like I said earlier, congrats on your amazing achievement.

Will, you should run for president. They would kill you, but you would be good while you were alive. Kurt is a total closet badass btw, so Scott you should just shutup thumbs_up.gif

yeah! what he said. kurt deserves some props not some insults. he might be one of the few here in any position to comment legitimately on AB's attempt.

Yup, that is esentially the point I am making! thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif

You won't see me bagging on anybody's attempts here, whether it be mount everest or mount si. But as I said, if you throw yourself out there in an intentional media circus those of us who wanna talk shit (which is, apparently, a lot of us) and laugh. Perhaps we all ought to thank AB for the good laugh she has provided. I can't help but crack up when browsing her website. hahaha.gif

Will, you should run for president. They would kill you, but you would be good while you were alive. Kurt is a total closet badass btw, so Scott you should just shutup thumbs_up.gif

yeah! what he said. kurt deserves some props not some insults. he might be one of the few here in any position to comment legitimately on AB's attempt.

Seeing as AB summitted and Kurt didn't maybe AB should comment on Kurt's attempt boxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gifboxing_smiley.gif

I wonder what her opinions are on smoking hashish at elevation Messner-Sabir style? Seeing as she was aiding up on oxygen I bet it could have caused an explosion!

You won't see me bagging on anybody's attempts here, whether it be mount everest or mount si.

Actually, we have and we will. I'd say at least one out of every four posts you have ever added on this bulletin board contain some slap at somebody else - though you've toned it down a little bit in the last several months.

You're right, though: Anabelle is fair game.

blah blah blah...The committment level alone is more than 95% of you could muster (myself included).

I don't know how many users there are currently but at last check there were around 4,000. If what you say is true, there are 200 people who post here who could handle the commitment level of Everest. I'd say it's closer to maybe 2. Lummox and Michael Layton would be the only people I've met who would be able to get there asses up and down in good style. And, since I've met almost every user on the website, I would indeed be a good judge of character. Maybe Crack (no not Cracked rolleyes.gif), if he ever got his knee fixed up. So your percentage would be closer to 99.998. Or something like that. Let's try to keep this realistic, ok?