• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gotterdamerung

Bouldering Rage

Losers!! It just goes to show that any kind of dipshit can boulder. I've never had this problem in the mountains, although, one time, these guys got on the route in front of us, so I filled my pack with rocks and beat him to death with it.

That is pretty hard core. You probably don't want to mess with a guy who uses big rocks for chalk. Anyway, it is nothing new. Surfing has had the same thing regarding locals beating up people who 'get on their wave'. pitty.gif I heard that Dru has a new secret bouldering area up north. yellaf.gif

I heard that Dru has a new secret bouldering area up north. yellaf.gif

Yeah, but if you think getting hit by a chalkbag full of rocks hurts, wait 'til Dru comes at you with his chalk BUCKET for scoopin' pitty.gifhahaha.gif

It reminds me of the cutthroat competition by surfers for waves in California. There is only so much coastline and too many surfers. Gangs of surfers used to claim certain areas as their own and drive out any interlopers.

Boulder problems tend to focus people into small areas in a similar fashion.

at least it's not "teabagging" pitty.gif

isn't that the dream of any spotter? sure looks like it from the bouldering pics.

"bag him"....pussies.

real climbers trundle huge rocks on each other, not smack em with a purse

Prof. John Sherman, who runs the world's only degree course in bouldering science and technology at the University of Colorado in Estes Park

confused.gif he must teach about mushsmile.gif and phabitude.

all i got to say if someone ever did that shit to me.

they better be able to run faster than i can, which is very doutful

Hey!

Anyone who climbs with rock in their chalkbag is a badass, and you should avoid them on principle.

Look for the sagging bags, and distinctive knocking of rocks as they chalk up.