TR the distel effect

Dru

so I invited the infamous Luke Distelhorst aka Distel32 to come up to my local bouldering area and climb this thing I had cleaned but knew the sit start was way out of my league - the YELLOW CAVE laugh.gif

i left work early and met Luke in Chilliwack. then we went out to the lake.

on the way out many unclimbed and developed boulder fields were pointed out to the young'un who had only been in this part of Canada once before at 6AM passing thru with Polish Bob hahaha.gif

we got to the lake and hiked in to the yellow cave. the moss was wet and the boulders slippery but only a couple of pitfalls were made.

climbed fat man's balls as a warm up and distel inadvertently made the finishing tips jam into a huge jug by breaking off one side of the crack shocked.gif

cleaning and climbing. distel made quick work of the yellow cave lip traverse and the standing start to the straight-up but was beaten by the lack of footholds on the sit-start... outstanding project!

i fell off the lip traverse when my heel hook made my leg cramp up and a bug flew in my ear rolleyes.gifcry.gif next time i will drink more water and less coffee before bouldering. i am so dehydrated right now and this beer isnt helping bigdrink.gif

when i saw i wasnt gonna get the lip today (distel named it SUPPLY AND DEMAND) i decided to scrub this other problem up a steep slab and managed to climb it in a slightly dirty state after taking a couple of lobbers into this odd pit my mat barely fit into fruit.gif

on the way back we stopped at another area near hunter creek and made a quick sightseeing tour so distel could drool over this 5 star v10 corner thing yellaf.gif

i'm certain about 25 pictures are gonna be posted to this thread but not by me cause i only took 3 and only 1 was any good.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see 20 bazillion pics of the fat man's balls and stuff! Sounds like you guys could have easily made a new movie called BC Hardcore Chronic Pebble Pumping Senders! Congrats to Distel32 on sending the YELLOW CAVE. Bham is representing! Come down the Seattle, and it is beers all around. Sweet TR, keep em coming! wave.gif Seriously, this this the new Hueco? Come on dru, no secrets on this board! thumbs_up.gif

Damn those pictures look eerily familiar. Hmmm... Oh yeah, they look like every bouldering picure I've ever seen. What a strange coincidence!

Furthermore, I was rather dismayed that not one of the boulder "send-meisters" was sporting the new Eldo Rifle Hoody. Its great for hanging out by your new proj, and even comes equipt with a super secret stash pocket. But how you going to send if your loached out of your gourd?!! Who knows... these crazy kids today.

The lip traverse is probably v2/3, somewhere in there.

high start to the cave is probably 4ish. One move to the crimp rail, campus match, then campus to the lip. Then 2-3 moves to mantle which includes the hardest moves of the traverse. probably v4.

prolly v2+ with that beta. thanks a lot for spoiling any onsight. madgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gif