Kerry: East coast rich, white, and elitest..

Peter_Puget

..sure I'll walk in line and follow this man anywhere. He is so much better than we are.

Several of George Bush's closest advisors are from racial minorities.

John Kerry per CNN :

"Unlike Al Gore whose campaign manager, political director and finance director were African-American, the Kerry campaign, as of yet, has no one of color in the innermost circle, including Kerry campaign manager, campaign chairperson, media adviser, policy director, foreign policy adviser, general election manager, convention planner, national finance chairman, and head of VP search team. That's an odd position for a campaign that will probably rely on African-Americans and Hispanics for one in four of their general election votes and the crucial margin of difference in battleground states like Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio.

La Opinion Spanish Link but it will be obvious :

A new survey indicates a tie in the support of Hispanic voters between republican president George W. Bush and the democratic challenger John Kerry, with 46% for each one. Between all voters, Kerry took an advantage of 49% against 48%.

Pew Hispanic Center :

Foreign-born Latinos give President Bush higher approval ratings (59%) than the native born (42%).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....let's not forget about the 20 people he killed in Vietnam... including a mother/baby , 12 year old child, and other assorted combatants and civilians. (??-by this account, anyhow) While I don't think a soldier following orders to execute a free-fire zone is guilty of any crime whatsoever, I am curious how the peaceniks and other assorted liberals on this site can reconcile actions like these with their beliefs.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=12051

Edited by Fairweather

What's your point, Fairweather? "I don't think this is bad, but somebody might, so I'll bring it up because it'll hopefully turn some liberals against Kerry." What do you think of Kerry's service in Vietnam?

Associating Jane Fonda (what an idiot! rolleyes.gif) with Kerry, as the article you linked does, is a pretty poor attempt at slander. As far as I know, the two had nothing to do with each other, photoshopped images excluded.

I think he served honorably in a noble cause. It's what he did when he returned home that I have problems with.

Hmm. Organizing and agitating for a cause he believed in? As opposed to ... drunk driving into trash cans and picking fights with his father.

To me Kerry (& Gores) approach to Vietnam speaks much. When their country called(well, they called their country), they showed up. As opposed to someone....

...like Clinton?

He was at least in college. As opposed to Bush. Who couldn't be bothered to show up for his National Guard commitment.

Is Clinton the Nixon for the Democratic party? The bogeyman they drag out to scare little kids?

No shit. What's Bush got, combat service and war injuries like his opponent? I think he does not. If I remember correctly he does have a criminal record. Something about driving while blind.

...like Clinton?

He was at least in college. As opposed to Bush. Who couldn't be bothered to show up for his National Guard commitment.

I'm not sure why you libs can't let go of this National Guard issue. It has been thoroughly dispelled, records released, etc. I guess if a lie is told enough times.....

And isn't "at least he was in college" a bit of a dodge? Didn't Clinton write his senator/draft board expressing his contempt for the US military?

Clinton is not the issue, dude. Apples to oranges. It's Bush v. Kerry now. Dole didn't have to parade his war hero status because Clinton was clearly a draft dodger, duh.

Bush's records show a bare minimum of service in their most optimistic reading. His fellow Guardsmen won't vouch for him. And yet Bush plays up his military image, as if he's got any cred.

I'm not sure why you libs can't let go of this National Guard issue. It has been thoroughly dispelled, records released, etc. I guess if a lie is told enough times.....

Fairweather-

WHAT RECORDS? That's sort of the core of this issue - a couple of dental records to show he was on base. A bunch of contradictory testimony to his being there or not. Let's not forget noone's stood up to claim the $10k with proof of his being there. Again - what proof?

Or are you going to believe Rush - who's questioning whether someone really deserves 3 purple hearts?

Air Kerry: Nonunion and previously Air Bush

A basic fact of Democratic Party politics is that you look for the union label before buying any service or good. So it should come as no surprise that unions representing airline workers are miffed that John Kerry's campaign is using a nonunion campaign jet. But labor insiders tell us that it's not the senator's fault. Commercial carriers, it seems, can't supply what he needs, largely because of costs. Paul Hallisay, political director of the Airline Pilots Association, says he has even contacted airline CEOs to help, but no luck yet. "The Kerry campaign has done everything they can do to secure a union airline," he says. Hallisay, whose union is likely to endorse Kerry next month, concedes that no union label is a problem, especially for the AFL-CIO. "We would like to see him flying a union carrier, but we're workers and we're not management and we cannot dictate procurement policy to the airlines," he says. Then there's the problem with the charter broker Kerry uses. It's Air Charter Team, which brags that "our most notable client was U.S. President George W. Bush during the 2000 campaign."

link