Hot and Republican - does it get any better?

jja

It's called a Federal Firearms license. Same dealio that most dealers already posses. There is a firing range in Atlanta where you can rent fully auto weapons to use at the range. Mac10s, Uzis, .50cal,AK-47, etc. I gotta say, firing a full auto Mac10 was a load of fun.
I ran into a guy hiking the Wonderland Trail a couple years ago who had just returned from a trip to Vietnam. No liberal eco-tourist, he! He described the highlight of his trip as a $100 RPG vs. bovine field trip....that's 60 bucks for the cow and $40 for the rocket. The farmer keeps the meat! Yow!!!

Another tidbit: Most lever action weapons like the venerable Winchester 94
I think the Win 94 Ranger is the ultimate Alaska backcountry gun. Short, light...I wish it came in stainless!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey fairweather Marlin makes some pretty good big bore lever guns in stainless. It comes in a 45-70 which in a modern gun with modern powders can be loaded pretty stiff, and the 444 marlin. Sharp looking gun.

1895GS.jpg

I ran into a guy hiking the Wonderland Trail a couple years ago who had just returned from a trip to Vietnam. No liberal eco-tourist, he! He described the highlight of his trip as a $100 RPG vs. bovine field trip....that's 60 bucks for the cow and $40 for the rocket. The farmer keeps the meat! Yow!!!

Crickey, facing down the fearsome domestic Vietnamese bovine with only an RPG! The Crocodile Hunter's got nothin on this guy!

Crickey, facing down the fearsome domestic Vietnamese bovine with only an RPG! The Crocodile Hunter's got nothin on this guy!

yellaf.gif

1. Semi autos for up land game and ducks as well as pumps have been around longer than when your parents decided to hae you as a child.

2. Pistol grip shot guns are what I and two of my fishing buddies use when out on the rivers; river sleds, drift boats, fly ins etc.

3. Military collectors spend lots of money building up their collections. I know several, have shot with them, lived with them etc. They are law abiding people. Why should they suffer because of a few bad apples? The laws governing assults and murders with ALL weapons should be made stronger and allow no pleas. I know this will not satisfy the antigun lobby but that is what Greg, myself and many others would like to see happen.

I am done. I have argued with the antis on this liberal web site since I first joined. They will never be happy until they can say we won. We got everyones gun. smileysex5.gif

I can tell you right now that will NEVER happen. Too many guns, too many people like Greg and myself. Guns are a part of my life like skis, ice axes, and fresh meat from the stream or the tundra. I don't go hunting to relish in the gore and guts. I like being out side. I like seeing if I can take an big game animal with my traditional bow or take upland game birds with my SEMI-AUTOMATIC shotgun or my over and under. My semis have lots of tradition for me I bought both at age 14. I had a paper route and saved money to buy both weapons. By the way both are Belgium grade. Does using a semi auto make me any less of hunter? I get to blast one more round, if I have my plug in, than a side by side or over and under. That is nice when you raise a big covey.

Go ahead and rant and rave like little children and piss your pants in your rage. I am done and I am happy with what I do and what I have done.

See you out in the bush sometime Greg.

Sisu cheeburga_ron.gif

1. Semi autos for up land game and ducks as well as pumps have been around longer than when your parents decided to hae you as a child.

2. Pistol grip shot guns are what I and two of my fishing buddies use when out on the rivers; river sleds, drift boats, fly ins etc.

3. Military collectors spend lots of money building up their collections. I know several, have shot with them, lived with them etc. They are law abiding people. Why should they suffer because of a few bad apples? The laws governing assults and murders with ALL weapons should be made stronger and allow no pleas. I know this will not satisfy the antigun lobby but that is what Greg, myself and many others would like to see happen.

I am done. I have argued with the antis on this liberal web site since I first joined. They will never be happy until they can say we won. We got everyones gun. smileysex5.gif

I can tell you right now that will NEVER happen. Too many guns, too many people like Greg and myself. Guns are a part of my life like skis, ice axes, and fresh meat from the stream or the tundra. I don't go hunting to relish in the gore and guts. I like being out side. I like seeing if I can take an big game animal with my traditional bow or take upland game birds with my SEMI-AUTOMATIC shotgun or my over and under. My semis have lots of tradition for me I bought both at age 14. I had a paper route and saved money to buy both weapons. By the way both are Belgium grade. Does using a semi auto make me any less of hunter? I get to blast one more round, if I have my plug in, than a side by side or over and under. That is nice when you raise a big covey.

Go ahead and rant and rave like little children and piss your pants in your rage. I am done and I am happy with what I do and what I have done.

See you out in the bush sometime Greg.

Sisu cheeburga_ron.gif

Right on, Sisu. I'll be in the area on May 10th.

apparently, as usual, the ladies get nothing from the republicans.

i can't think of any hot republican men

How about these guys? Do they get you all "hot and bothered?" wink.gif

portraits.Par.0028.PortraitImageFile.gif

billhead2.jpg

thumb_lott.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! i think you made my point for me. (excepting jja wink.gif)

I started out with adult supervision as did my kids. A gun in a child's hand without adult supervision is beyond poor parenting, I hope this was your intent OW.

No real intent, aside from stirring the pot, hence no comment offered, just a result from a google image search for "girl gun" which yielded a disturbing image. I don't believe anyone here has ever advocated for gun stupidity.

My semis have lots of tradition for me I bought both at age 14. I had a paper route and saved money to buy both weapons. By the way both are Belgium grade.

Brownings eh? We have a few belgium made Sweet-16s and a couple of 12s in the family. My quail/dove/pheasant weapon of choice is usually my Beretta .20ga semi or the Win 101 over/under. Both are nice, but that extra shot on the dove field is the often the difference that allows a double. Not to mention that gas-operated semis have much less recoil than a pump or double. And if you're shooting 5 to 7 boxes of shells in a day, that's real nice.

"I'd have several JHPs bouncing around in your chest cavity before you could get that fucker loaded."

Congragulations, you are a big man. Do you standing looking at the mirror repeating john wayne lines to entertain yourself?

Greg, I just want to know what happened earlier in your life that made you so bitter towards everything?

For those unfamiliar with the actual wording of the 2nd amendment:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The NRA, and their propoganda machine like to concentrate on this phrase of the 2nd amendment:

"the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"

This is the line we typical see regurgitated by Greg et al.

Not coincidentally, they don't often mention the line that comes before that, giving context to the amendment as a whole:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state"

Could someone please explain to me how a populous armed against **eachother** is "well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state"?? That's right, it's not. We have the advantage of a large and powerful army that provides for the security of the state. The 2nd amendment has been outdated since shortly after the war of 1812. This isn't switzerland, we aren't a militia state, and the NRA and gun suporters have twisted the intent of the 2nd amendment for far too long.

Now; others in this epic thread have argued that the constitution, in no way, should be taken for anything more than it's absolute wording, and never interpreted against a modern context to uphold the intent of our forefathers.

I present the fact that inumerable cases can be presented where the orignal literal law is not followed, but the intent is preserved and the spirit of the law upheld.

One such case is amendment 6 in the bill of rights:

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense."

Can anyone find the phrase in this amendment that is not unilaterally followed today?

"...by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed..."

Cases can be moved to other districts in today's judicial system. Federal trials can be moved from one state to another. Why? Because the issue of media exposure that exists in the 20th and 21st century did not exist in 1791.

The needs to preserve the guarantee of a fair and consistent trial by jury have changed between 1791 and 2004. The needs required to defend the state have also changed between 1791 and 2004 and it's time the law reflected this.

Edited by JoshK