Condoleeza's testimony

marylou

Jesus H. Christ, what a full of shit filibuster our esteemed National Security Advisor is pulling on the 9/11 Commission. It's on KUOW live iffin' ya wanna catch the last bit of it.

I don't think she's given a direct answer on ANY question she's been asked. mad.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The committee screwed up when they agreed to let question her for no more than two hours. I guess she had to run because she was scheduled to be on The Best Damn Sports Show Ever (I think that's the only talk show she missed in the last two weeks).

It's an axiom of investigations that if you can keep the testimony to under two hours, they'll never be able to pin you down.

What is it about the president and vice-president that they send the national security advisor to testfy for them. Cowards.

Give Condie a break. She is just a scapegoat here.

LB- This is her job. It's not like we're tearing her away from her urgent business of christening oil tankers.

I think its great that she testifyed. Why only for 2 hours? Unfortunately now others won't have to. This administration is paranoid and attempts to hide ANY information from public view it can.

I don't think most reasonable people could have expected the Bush administration to have known what would unfold on 9/11. I for one loathe the man but do not fault him for 9/11.

Why won't he then testify. I think it would have helped him in the polls. Instead we got a media feeding frenzy and Condie comes out smelling bad.

Ever since the *cough,cough* election, Bush's handlers have made it a policy to protect him from himself- no hardball interviews, few unscripted public appearances, etc.

The man is an idiot, and demonstrates it when given a chance.

There's no way his handlers will allow him to embarass himself publicly like that- they'd definitely lose their meal ticket for the next four years.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw a President testify before Congress. Anybody know? If ever?

Though members of Congress were on the committee, it was not a Congressional committee. From http://www.9-11commission.gov/:

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission), an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation and the signature of President George W. Bush...

Wasn't President Clinton was interviewed by a similar independent committee, also under oath, for the Lewinsky what-have-you (the infamous videotape)?

What is it about dubya and cheney that they send a woman to testfy for them. Cowards.

Give Condie a break. She is just a scapegoat here.

She's not a scapegoat, she's the National Security Advisor. Even through all of her double-speak, it's not hard to see that she's been doing a rather poor job of it. One of the things her office is charged with doing is functioning as a clearinghouse for information about domestic security, and it seems they made a hella lotta mistakes surrounding the events of 9/11.

And please, what on earth does her gender have to do with any of this? rolleyes.gif

And perhaps more importantly, how come it's the MEN here who have made it an issue? wazzup.gif NOT RELEVANT!