Magazine Article

Steamer

While looking through a climbing rag I read an article about the North Cascades. In the beta section they listed this site as the place to visit. Thinking it might be a cool site, I check it out only to, once again, be disappointed. Same old BS. Could someone please point me in the direction of a cool climbing website that does not vomit the same tired drivel? Or are my expectaions to high?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post may be considered spray, however I was merely attempting to answer a question for the young men out there that should have been answered for them years ago. I consider it a social service.

I would like to attend a club pub but noone seems to be able to agree on a location for them.

Is Summitpost a cool site? I will have to check it out.

By the way there is some truth to the origins of a Steamer.

Wow - That's an oblique request for beta if I've ever seen one - who knows maybe you're just into irony* - but assuming that you're really looking for useful information from this site you can try something really unconventional and...post a request for specific beta in the "North Cascades" forum. It's a bit of a stretch but who knows, it just might work.

*Denouncing drivel/useless posts by means of the very same thing. [Confused]

Maybe if you quit spending your time in the boards, reading all the psychobabble, and did some reading of trip reports, or posted some beta requests, etc you would find it useful.

I've received excellent beta on climbs from the Cascades to Red Rocks to the Alaska to the Adirondaks. Ask what you want to know, take half the answers with a huge chunk of rock salt, and distill the info. There is no better place to receive lighting fast replies to beta requests. The inane bullshit on this site is what ensures that people (like me) stay logged in all the time and that in turn gives you quick beta replies. I'm no hard-ass but I've climbed all over the US for the most part, I can tell you about roof cracks in TN, pefect splitters in UT, or OW horrors in CA, easy alpine rock in WY, FA's in OR. Deal or bail, I don't think anyone here gives a shit either way. As Rod would say...have a nice day.

quote:

Originally posted by Steamer:

Same old BS. Could someone please point me in the direction of a cool climbing website that does not vomit the same tired drivel? Or are my expectaions to high?[/QB]

Woa!!! dude don't be talk'in shit like that about Pope and the rest of the spraymasters [Eek!]

Take advice from willy he has been everwhere and done everything and he is way cool [Cool]

Warning the NW is not the well beaten Cal. take a local with you for podunk outback adventure.

quote:

Could someone please point me in the direction of a cool climbing website that does not vomit the same tired drivel? Or are my expectaions to high?

"You're an imbred, cat fucking, dog licking, brainless, mindless, dickless, heartless, pubeless steaming pile of rancid gibbering rat's snot with extra flies and bleeding anal warts that dribbles shit from his festering pudding muncher while foaming sulfuric buttjuice from his overpunched and hideously overstretched cum spattered curry dumper with all the style and grace of a drunken mongo burping out his national anthem (the Jizz Spangled Buttplug) while simultaneously choking and spluttering on the combined gob-stopping impediments of fifty relations pus-filled cocks and the fruits of their disease ridden nuts..."

[big Drink]

Originally posted by Son of Caveman:

[QB]Back up the bus, boys. This is simply one of our own causing shit. [big Grin]

Yeah, and I kind of thought "pacificrain" was one of the spraylords trying to pass. I've heard that happens on the internet. Just gol danged life in the modern world I guess...

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

(snip of a short attempt at a comeback)

By the way there is some truth to the origins of a Steamer.

What, you're a fresh turd in the morning?

Maybe you need to lay off the caffeine.

[Wink]
First thing in the morning is the optimal time for laying a fresh steamer. Why wait till half way up the climb?

quote:

While looking through a climbing rag I read an article about the North Cascades. In the beta section they listed this site as the place to visit. Thinking it might be a cool site, I check it out only to, once again, be disappointed. Same old BS. Could someone please point me in the direction of a cool climbing website that does not vomit the same tired drivel? Or are my expectaions to high?

My advice is to stay the fuck in Cali. The last thing we need is another Californicator up here.

There really is a mention of this site in the latest issue of R&I Road Trips. If spray is what you want, spray is what you will get.

For starters Dick Puller - You are from Wyoming, right? That big mtn. range in your backyard is called the Rockies not the Cascades. Shouldn't you be posting on Rockiesclimbers.com?

SK - I bet you're really a 19 year old, male freshman at the UO who gets a kick out of making losers like Son of a Bitch think he has a chance of getting laid.

Circle K - Tell me again about how you grew up on skis and you smoke dope. Blah, Blah, Blah. Californicators? Fornicate this!