Hardest Climb of Each Grade

Dru

Nasty 12a? Well maybe if you don' stick clip the first bolt and slip!

Probably be better off if you did just that. DFA hasn't battled that hard on a .12a since he was a 5.11 climber back in the dizzay.

And Rude Bwoi -- thanks for the correction! the_finger.gif

And what're you talking about, Time's Up being .12d? You're off your rocker, cock-knocker!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, if it isn't DFA, back from sabbatical? Your oft-stated aversion to BBQ puzzles me, because you clearly climb full grades harder than I ever did (I've never even been on a 5.12... except for one ill-conceived occasion when someone left their draws on Chain), but I always really liked leading that route. weird.

My first lead ever was helium woman, which must have been hard for the grade at the time, because the pre-Watts pamphlets put it at 5.8.

Whaddayoomean, "undeserved"?

Anyway, BBQ is thin, funky, meandering, kinda unpleasant (i.e. really unpleasant), and Dr. Flash Amazing always feels like he's gonna fall off it. It should be noted that this is not the only Smith 5.10 that gives DFA that gonna-pitch-any-second feeling. Might as well get that feeling on 5.12s, if yer gonna get it.

Hardest route ever: That stupid 10a rattly fingers at the lower gorge that I swear took me 45mins to get up. I could hear skyclimb, ehmmic, paco, wirly, and misterE just laughing it up while instead of jamming I slapped up the blank sides of the column.

Quasar is perfect hands you whiney bitch. rockband.gif

I think BBQ is 10b by conventional wisdom

I've done Gumby back in "the day" and I found it pretty desperate for my sausage fingers

I think someone mentioned Moons of Pluto (next to Zonkers) and I always thought that was pretty straight up 10d

I have said it before and I'll say it again:

Hyperspace - Pressure Chamber!

Carnival Crack - SendBot ver2.65 says "10a" I say "yeah right"

Hardest route ever: That stupid 10a rattly fingers at the lower gorge that I swear took me 45mins to get up. I could hear skyclimb, ehmmic, paco, wirly, and misterE just laughing it up while instead of jamming I slapped up the blank sides of the column.

Quasar is perfect hands you whiney bitch. rockband.gif

shut up you ho! Shit is like at least 13+ yellaf.gif

oohhhh mmaaqannn I'm soooo excited to go to smith this weekend and get my ass kicked!

Maybe DFA isn't as hardcore as he would like to think he is? Poseur! Go stick-clip your way up another 13 to prove you're not an alpine climber.

Whaddevur, fuggo. A quick survey of any number of Smith Rock hardpersons will reveal an overflowing font of BBQ hatred. Go slog your way up another pile of frozen-together 4th class choss (don't forget the forced t-shirt bivy in a lightning storm on a sloping one-cheek ledge where a marmot eats your last Gu packet and your partner has uncontrollable gas) to prove you can't actually rock climb.

boxing_smiley.gif

Maybe DFA isn't as hardcore as he would like to think he is? Poseur! Go stick-clip your way up another 13 to prove you're not an alpine climber.

Whaddevur, fuggo. A quick survey of any number of Smith Rock hardpersons will reveal an overflowing font of BBQ hatred. Go slog your way up another pile of frozen-together 4th class choss (don't forget the forced t-shirt bivy in a lightning storm on a sloping one-cheek ledge where a marmot eats your last Gu packet and your partner has uncontrollable gas) to prove you can't actually rock climb.

boxing_smiley.gif

I love the words of DFA in the morning......they read like.....victory..... hahaha.gifthumbs_up.gif

I agree with e-rock. techinically thin fingers approach is harder than princly. princly just has a lot of 5.8 terrian with some 5.9 so it feels harder.

Orange Sunshine is easy for 5.10b. Actually i think it is easy for 10a. its mostly 5.8-5.9 fingers.

Here is my hardest for each grade that shouldn't be graded the next grade up

5.7 pitch two of Canary

5.8 Tarus(Aries), if someone can lead this they are a solid 5.8 leader

5.9 Princly A

5.10a Cocane Crack