CALENDAR: Index Climber Clean Up: May 18th

gapertimmy

Index Climber Clean-Up

Attention Index Climbers:

If you can spare two hours and some of your dignity, your services are needed. Your favorite climbing area needs to be tidied up and who better to clean it up than those who use and respect the Index Town Wall? Last year was a huge success and we’re hoping for a repeat.

This year we’ll focus on trail upgrades, blackberry removal and general litter pick-up throughout the area. With enough people, we should be able to make a real impact. Gloves, bags and maybe even coffee will be provided for the effort. You’ll have plenty of time for climbing after the event. Details on the clean-up day are below:

When: Saturday, May 18th at 9:00am (rain or shine)

Where: Index Town Wall Main Parking Lot

What to bring: Suitable clothing for the clean up (and then for climbing)

If you can help out, please respond to Scott Stanton with your name and phone number at:

206-632-9950 or ropecaddie@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help

[ 04-23-2002, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: gapertimmy ]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

WHO IS THIS scott stanton guy????

I've met the guy, done a little TR'ing with him at Index. He's a good guy, motivated and friendly. And he's a big dude (I'll bet he could work a crowbar). Sounds like a good project....what more do we need to know about it?

This is Gaper_#1,

Erik if you can just send this guy an email then you can get the details I am sure. It is supplied above. Then you could even post something eh?

Gaper_#1 Has spoken. [Cool]

I'll be there! if anyone wants to help out with the upper wall garbage that would be good. I was at the upper wall last weekend and noticed that those friendly rednecks threw off a whole bunch of bottles and cans and I think I saw a tire and a diaper. The base on the far left looks like a garbage dump. I am sure there is more garbage down the hill in the woods also. [Mad]

Uhhhh....I don't know if I should go...."Blight" said that he would laugh at me, and all of his friends would laugh at me...and that I wasn't welcome...and that they planned to laugh at me anyway.... [Eek!] so I guess you'll have to hike those soiled pampers out on your own...cuz theys gonna laugh at me... [Roll Eyes] Maybe I'll wear a disguise. I know a guy with a Santa costume I can borrow so with a bulging trash bag over my shoulder, everyone will think I'm just makin' some late deliveries!

- Dwayne

P.S. Ever consider that them diapers at the base of the wall are debris from the Mountaineers practicing aid-climbing? I think such activities might leave the average Mountie... well....scared!

quote:

i would like to see an agenda......

trail projects that need to be addressed at the crag......

restore original lower town trail....

improve the trail to private idaho

rebuild the trail to rattle tale wall....

the 10' of lower town trail was done last week sometime. with all of this thinkin I expect to see you out there, yes? [Razz]

quote:

WHO IS THIS scott stanton guy????

and what improvments is he trying to do?????

i want to hear more about it and why....not trying to be difficult, just wanting to know more......

scott can email me.......

I

know Scott Stanton. He is a big guy. He climbs hard. He puffs down and he drinks beer. He has a loud mouth and he skis a lot in the winter.

quote:

Originally posted by Dwayner:

(snip)

P.S. Ever consider that them diapers at the base of the wall are debris from the Mountaineers practicing aid-climbing? I think such activities might leave the average Mountie... well....scared!

I think they're more into the Depends adult briefs. They get the absorption and freedom of movement they really need without the added bulk of regular diapers.

aabeysgifts_1679_1548223

quote:

restore original lower town trail....

Was there yesterday. Found that new trail-let that everybody was bitching about. It is now under a bunch of logs and debris obviously put there to discourage travel and impaction. Guess that trail was nipped in the bud. Looks like someone went to a lot of work for nothing (making that trail) but it looked to me like that additional trail was quite unnecessary.

• 3 weeks later...