Speaking of Pub Clubs....

rodeo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First we need to form a PubClub Committee to oversee the formation of the PubClub-Sub-committees and the PubClub-Sub-Sub-Committes. The committees shall be as follows:

Administration Sub-Committee: Operation of PubClub Committe, Sub-Committees and Sub-Sub-Committes Tab Sub-Committee: Oversees bitching about deadbeatsRotation Sub-Committee: Oversees arguments about location for the next PubClubTable Sub-Committee: Maintains optimal number of tables for usersChair Sub-Committee: Maintains number of chairs proportional to number of tablesTable & Chair Liason: Maintains relationship and communication between Table Sub-Committee and Chair Sub-CommitteeAccess Sub-Committee: Rest room issuesSafety Sub-Committee: Resolves safety issues for drunken climbersPublicity Sub-Committee: Maintains location of PubClub on cc.comSecratary of Sub-Committees: Pushes paper, looks busy and acts importantField Trips Sub-Committee: Oversees training of newbie PubClubbers by inexperienced PubClubbers

Any other suggestions shall be presented to the Suggestion Sub-Committee and ignored by those that know better than you.

[ 04-05-2002: Message edited by: lizard brain ]

All right then.... let the "outlying" areas duke it out...

Keep the gloves up, face protected, and when the ref says break it up, follow his orders...

Let the games begin! Just remember some of us need a day to figure out who we are going to carpool with...

Hey, Liz, I think we have all of those committees already all formed up, no problems, but the one that does the rotation is headed by the Alpine Kitty, who gets possessed all of the time, by, er, you know who, gets those scary eyes, and starts hissing at shadows instead of getting the rotation all straightened out. I vote we get Kitty out and get ourselves a proper Chair, preferably one with opposable thumbs!

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

i dont know what your jibberish means chuck, but ill go to your bar.....closer then jerkland.......

unless i be at index on tuesday....bone....bone....bone....you hear that.....then i guess jerkland is on the way home........

That jibberish was my attempt to make a mapquest clickable URL thingy. Guess it didn't work.

I'm not trying to split the pub club. I'll go with the overwhelming consensus, should we be so fortunate to have one. I was nominating a possible venue.

Parking sux at Coopers, but it's easy to get to from the Freeway (well, if you're coming from the South anyway). It might be a shade small for the growing PC. Hey Rodeo, is Lucky 7 a big place?

That Park Pub is pretty sweet in that it has $2.50 pints on Tuesdays! [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

That elimates the tab-ditcher problems. [hell no]

Pardon me for being new, but what's the skinny on the Pub Club? Would love to throw back a few with some fellow climbers.

P.S. Do I need to forward this request to the Field Trip Subcommittee?

[big Drink] "God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't take over the world..." - Numerous

quote:

Originally posted by fleblebleb:
Would someone post human-readable directions to whatever place it is?

quote:

Originally posted by rodeo:
Location = Lucky 7 Saloon 12715 Ne 124th Kirkland, WA 98034-8307

From the Space Needle1. Start on BROAD ST going towards BROAD ST 0.6 2. Continue on BROAD ST 0.1 3. Take I-5 and Bear Right on VALLEY ST 0.1 4. Turn Right on TERRY AVE N 0.1 5. Turn Left on MERCER ST 0.7 6. Take the I-5 NORTH ramp 1.1 7. Follow the ramp to towards BELLEVUE/KIRKLAND 1.0 8. Continue on EVERGREEN POINT FLOATING BRG 2.6 9. Continue on WA-520 EAST 3.6 10. Follow the ramp to I-405 NORTH towards EVERETT 4.8 11. Take the N.E. 124TH ST. exit towards RAMP, exit number 20B 0.1 12. Take the N.E. 124TH ST. exit towards NE 124TH ST 0.0 13. Turn Right onto NE 124TH ST 0.5 14. Arrive at destination

From Index WA1. Start on INDEX AVE going towards 5TH ST 0.0 2. Bear Left on 5TH ST 0.1 3. Turn Right on INDEX-GALENA RD 1.0 4. Bear Right on US-2 35.5 5. Bear Left to take the I-5 SOUTH ramp towards SEATTLE 11.4 6. Follow the ramp to I-405 SOUTH towards BELLEVUE/RENTON 9.5 7. Take the N.E. 124TH ST. exit towards NE 124TH ST, exit number 20 0.0 8. Turn Left onto NE 124TH ST 0.5 9. Arrive at destination

[ 04-08-2002: Message edited by: chucK ]