Freshette

girlclimber

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe my first post on this board is to comment on the Freshette, but here goes...

My wife uses it and would definitely recommend it...especially on any climbs where you are roped up.

The first time she used it was on a climb of Glacier Peak this summer. It definitely speeds up the party, is safer and much warmer. Instead of having to untie, undo your harness, drop your pants, pee, pull your pants back up, fix your harness, get tied back in, you just unzip, pee and you are all set. As an added bonus, you can now write your name in the snow.

Oh yeah...this is a key piece of info...she had pee zips put into her gore-tex and also on her xcountry ski pants she wears as an under layer...Rainy Pass Repair ( thumbs_up.gif) did good work on the zips. The pee zip is a must and the freshette will definitely be in her pack on any alpine climbs.

I seem to recall a similar thread on this board a while back that ultimately led to a link to a page that gave instructions on how wimmin could pee standing up. The front page of the site had this wonderful pic of a babe standing in front of a urinal with a shocked male relieving himself in the urinal next to hers. Great shot! thumbs_up.gif

I have never been in a climbing situation where I was prevented from doing my business because I do not own a freshette. If someone told me I was inconveniencing them or slowing them down because I wanted to stop and pull my pants down for half a minute I would sock them in the nose boxing_smiley.gifrolleyes.gif

fern said:

I have never been in a climbing situation where I was prevented from doing my business because I do not own a freshette. If someone told me I was inconveniencing them or slowing them down because I wanted to stop and pull my pants down for half a minute I would sock them in the nose boxing_smiley.gifrolleyes.gif

thumbs_up.gif

sobo said:

I seem to recall a similar thread on this board a while back that ultimately led to a link to a page that gave instructions on how wimmin could pee standing up. The front page of the site had this wonderful pic of a babe standing in front of a urinal with a shocked male relieving himself in the urinal next to hers. Great shot! thumbs_up.gif

Here it is! Scroll down a little for the pic.

GC, directions are included right above the pic. thumbs_up.gif

There's also a link to a similar device to teh Freshette, the TravelMate, at this address.

i had the pleasure of standing next to a french canadian gal, natalie, who snuck her prosthetic pee pointer into her pants when the drunk bunch of us wasn't looking. she seemed to have to arch her back a bit, but, otherwise, no one of the three of us noticed that she'd joined us until we were zipping up. the next morning she showed us several kitchen applications for it as well.

I've used one during aid climbs. The hardest part is getting used to relaxing your pee muscles while standing. Not something we're used to. Keep a plastic ziploc bag with you to store it in while on-route.

A note to bramayama: Women can safely pee without a freshette by undoing their leg loops and remaining tied in. There is no reason to untie from the rope to relieve yourself (male or female) if there is some kind of objective danger. The other people on the rope can turn the other way and provide some privacy.

The Wild Roses/Arc'terryx pee system works great. That's how I pee on a glacier climb without having to undress or undo my harness. Works great and is pretty discrete, and is more convenient than a freshette would be IMO.

girlclimber said:

MisterE said:

russ said:

Hey, shouldn't this thread be in Spray??

No. You are not a girl/woman so you don't understand how pivotal this is to their climbing world, so STFU! boxing_smiley.gif

wow, MisterE thumbs_up.gif you have my respect

The real question to be asking is how would he know??!? hellno3d.gif