ISREAL IS THE BIGGEST THREAT TO WORLD WIDE PEACE

erik

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"THERE was ruin and terror in Manhattan, but, over the Hudson River in New Jersey, a handful of men were dancing. As the World Trade Centre burned and crumpled, the five men celebrated and filmed the worst atrocity ever committed on American soil as it played out before their eyes.

Who do you think they were? Palestinians? Saudis? Iraqis, even? Al-Qaeda, surely? Wrong on all counts. They were Israelis – and at least two of them were Israeli intelligence agents, working for Mossad, the equivalent of MI6 or the CIA.

Their discovery and arrest that morning is a matter of indisputable fact. To those who have investigated just what the Israelis were up to that day, the case raises one dreadful possibility: that Israeli intelligence had been shadowing the al-Qaeda hijackers as they moved from the Middle East through Europe and into America where they trained as pilots and prepared to suicide-bomb the symbolic heart of the United States. And the motive? To bind America in blood and mutual suffering to the Israeli cause."

Link

The question is why is Erik falling for it?

FALLING FOR WHAT PETER? I READ THE ARTICLE AND POSTED IT.

I ADDED MY COMMENTS TO SPUR ON THE CONVERSATION. DO I BELIEVE THAT THE U.S. IS WASTING THEIR TIME IN SUPPORT OF ISREAL AND THE METHODS. BOTH SIDES EMPLOY TERRORISM ON THEIR PERSPECTIVE ENEMIES FOR THE GOOD OF THEIR GOD. I SEE THAT AS WRONG. I DO NOT CARE FOR EITHER SIDE OF THE CONFLICT. I SEE AMERICANS PAYING FOR IT ON BOTH SIDES. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AMERICA WITHDRAW FROM THERE AND OFFER NOTHING TO EITHER SIDE.

I HAVE TO ASK THIS. WHAT DOES ISREAL GIVE US OTHER THEN A FOOTHOLD IN THE MIDDLE EAST? I CAN SEE LITTLE ECONOMIC BENEFIT FOR THE U.S.A AS A WHOLE. I SEE STIRFE, HATE, DEATH ETC......CONSTANTLY POURING FROM THAT PART OF THE WORLD. WHY IS THAT?

I ALSO FIND IT INTERESTING THAT SO MANY EUROPEANS SEE US BOTH AS THE GREATEST ENEMIES TO THE WORLD. YET THE AMERICAN EMBASSY DID NOT THROW A TIRADE WHEN THE NEWS HIT.

I ALSO FIND IT SICKING/LAUGHABLE THAT THE ITAILIAN PRES OF THE EU STATES THAT IS NOT WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK...UM WHO VOTED THEN?

EVERYONE REPERSENT A PART OF THE PROBLEM, WE ALL JUST NEED TO ADMIT IT.

There will never be an end to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. It will continue till the end of time, or until the nukes fly and end the world as we know it. The Middle East likewise will forever be a hotbed of unrest. To think we can make a lasting difference is naive. The sooner we say "fuck it" and give up on the whole region, the better. Actually all we're accomplishing now is to stall the inevitable nuclear war. I'll guarantee you, sooner or later one of these third world countries is going to let the nukes fly and all hell's going to bust loose. Just watch.

Peter_Puget said:

"THERE was ruin and terror in Manhattan, but, over the Hudson River in New Jersey, a handful of men were dancing. As the World Trade Centre burned and crumpled, the five men celebrated and filmed the worst atrocity ever committed on American soil as it played out before their eyes.

Who do you think they were? Palestinians? Saudis? Iraqis, even? Al-Qaeda, surely? Wrong on all counts. They were Israelis – and at least two of them were Israeli intelligence agents, working for Mossad, the equivalent of MI6 or the CIA.

Their discovery and arrest that morning is a matter of indisputable fact. To those who have investigated just what the Israelis were up to that day, the case raises one dreadful possibility: that Israeli intelligence had been shadowing the al-Qaeda hijackers as they moved from the Middle East through Europe and into America where they trained as pilots and prepared to suicide-bomb the symbolic heart of the United States. And the motive? To bind America in blood and mutual suffering to the Israeli cause."

Link

i find surprising that you bring up this article. when i read it, although i thought that it did not prove prior knowledge, it certainly did not allow to summarily dismiss the question.

catbirdseat said:

Isreal is completely blind to the terror it commits against Palastinians every day. More Palastinians die every day at the hands of the Isrealis than the reverse. As soon as they come to the realization that peace will never come from bloodshed, the conflict can be resolved.

I have to call BS on that. There will be peace in the Middle East when Israel is wiped off the face of the map and no longer exists. The Palestinian leadership has not been interested in peace at any point in recent history and has walked away from the negotiating table more than once. It's sorta of a chicken and the egg thing, but the Israeli's have a whole bunch of Arabic/Islamic neighbors who don't care for them much, they pretty much have to kick ass and ask questions later or they wouldn't survive.

nolanr said:

catbirdseat said:

Isreal is completely blind to the terror it commits against Palastinians every day. More Palastinians die every day at the hands of the Isrealis than the reverse. As soon as they come to the realization that peace will never come from bloodshed, the conflict can be resolved.

I have to call BS on that. There will be peace in the Middle East when Israel is wiped off the face of the map and no longer exists. The Palestinian leadership has not been interested in peace at any point in recent history and has walked away from the negotiating table more than once. It's sorta of a chicken and the egg thing, but the Israeli's have a whole bunch of Arabic/Islamic neighbors who don't care for them much, they pretty much have to kick ass and ask questions later or they wouldn't survive.

AS soon as the US stops supporting Isreal unconditionally, there will be peace.

catbirdseat said:

nolanr said:

catbirdseat said:

yelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellaf.gif

Tough shit for Isreal. They see themselves as a victim so they can do no wrong. They also expect everyone to feel sorry for them. Fuck 'em. Maybe this poll will wake them up. Bolth sides suffer from a lack of leadership. The extreamist rule on both sides. There could be peace if both side want it and are ready to give ground to stop the killing. Each side is completely paralized. Look at Rabin, he tried to do something and was shot by a right wing freak. Read from Beruit to Jerusilem by Thomas Freidman.

Thanks erick for posting the link, verry interesting.

catbirdseat said:

i have a hard time believing the rest of the islamic world really loves the palestinians that much and is doing all this on their behalf. they just hate isreal. face it.

We stop supporting Israel, watch what they do. Trask, unfortunately, is probably right. WWIII. And despite all of the understandable pessimism regarding the current state of affairs in said region, I for one would like nothing more than to see it a stable place. aside from my own personal feeling about Israel, even just as a human, for some reason, I find what happens to the birthplace of the world's three biggest religions to have some consequences for all of us, no matter how geographically removed we may be. And even though to a lot of you it appears intractable, and that extremists run both governments, a vast majority of the people that live there, Israeli and Palestinian alike, just want to go home at night and hang out with their friends and family, and maybe catch "Three's Company" in Arabic.

And Egypt and Israel signed a peace treaty, so there is precedent. Not likely soon, but let's hope.

You know what I find really sad? The fact that people are willing to die over fucking religion. It's not important which religion...pick one and you'll find ignorant pilgrims willing to die for it. I can understand fighting and dying over money, or women, or food, or honor, but over some pie in the sky makes no fucking sense to me. It's a sad state of affairs, folks.

catbirdseat said:

nolanr said:

catbirdseat said:

Catbird,

That's the most naive statement I've heard in months. Upon what do you base this simplistic idea?

Dru said:

Which nation has attacked other nations the most lately? Hint: Iraq... Afghanistan...

"when you point a finger - take a look - three fingers are pointing BACK AT YOU"

that is all fine and dandy when you only look at nations... how many nations have al queda attacked? 30? 50? more? uh huh... and which nations are funding this? are they not responsible for attackeing as much as those that are actually doing the attacking?