Hold my beer and watch this

allthumbs

TV cameras have captured the agonizing moment when a 350lb bull shark attacked a man convinced yoga would protect him from one of nature's most dangerous predators. The shark's razor-sharp teeth tore a chunk out of scientist Erich Ritter's leg as he stood in waters off a Bahamian beach that had been heavily baited with fish parts, it was revealed yesterday.

He suffered massive blood loss before being attended by first aiders and flown to hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida for treatment in intensive care.

The Discovery Channel will broadcast the incident on Sunday next week, claiming it as the first TV footage of a shark attack on a human being.

story here

Ouch cry.gif

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on Discovery Channel several weeks ago. It is quite gruesome. Homeboy's calf gets ripped off and the skin just kinda hangs there... icky.

On a similar note, there used to be a picture in the gallery of a human body that had been eaten by a bear. Can't find it now, so maybe someone removed it?

Alpinfox said:On a similar note, there used to be a picture in the gallery of a human body that had been eaten by a bear. Can't find it now, so maybe someone removed it?

I dunno if it's still there, but Sisu posted it, and I'm sure he could supply you with a copy for your archives. It was a remarkably gruesome photo.

Off_White said:

Alpinfox said:On a similar note, there used to be a picture in the gallery of a human body that had been eaten by a bear. Can't find it now, so maybe someone removed it?

I dunno if it's still there, but Sisu posted it, and I'm sure he could supply you with a copy for your archives. It was a remarkably gruesome photo.

I removed it to be nice. I know people found it gross, but I was trying to make a point. Don't go into bear country armed with a hand gun unless its a .454 Casull, you have the nerves of steel, and can shoot deadly accurate within seconds of each wrist twisting shot. If you answer no to just one of these questions go with a 12 ga. shotgun(Alaska Fish and Game choice of weapon)

http://www.chuckhawks.com/454casull.htm

http://www.pistolwhipvideo.com/Wallpaper.htm

I hae fired this and a .45-70 five shot revolver that just kicked ass. Gave out about the same amount of fire ball. Shootin' is fun. yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Sisu,

Did people complain to you about the photo being posted here? It certainly disturbed me, but I thought it was an "interesting" thing to see. It illustrated, in dramatic fashion, the fact that we human beings are regular animals made of meat.

Did you personally take that picture? Do you know if that person was killed by the bear or the bear just fed on the corpse?

Sisu,

I was in Mcarthy a couple years ago and noticed quite a few folks around town carrying .45's. I asked a guy who my (10 yr old!) son and I were sitting next to in the tavern about his choice of weapon. He explained that he would rather get 7 or 8 lower-powered shots off than one or two from a 7 pound shotgun that was probably strapped to his pack anyhow, or even a heavy trigger-pull revolver. As I was carrying a .44 single action, I could see his logic.

As it turns out, we did have a bear encounter while in the mountains, but luckily, nothing that involved a shot being fired. ...But that's another story....

I have been attacked by several bears. Five of them, I had to escape up a tree or down a hidden draw or to a group of people. One charged right up to me in the middle of a clearcut. Since he was young and about my size, I stood up to him and he backed down. It was touch and go. If I wouldn't have stood up to him, he would have chewed on me a bit. He was probably just kicked away from his mother and very hungry. If he was bigger, he would have known it and I would be a dried up turd in the Yack river drainage. Now that I have kids, I am looking for a 45.

sisu_suomi said:

Off_White said:

I removed it to be nice. I know people found it gross, but I was trying to make a point. Don't go into bear country armed with a hand gun unless its a .454 Casull, you have the nerves of steel, and can shoot deadly accurate within seconds of each wrist twisting shot. If you answer no to just one of these questions go with a 12 ga. shotgun(Alaska Fish and Game choice of weapon)

http://www.chuckhawks.com/454casull.htm

http://www.pistolwhipvideo.com/Wallpaper.htm

I hae fired this and a .45-70 five shot revolver that just kicked ass. Gave out about the same amount of fire ball. Shootin' is fun. yellaf.gifyelrotflmao.gif

According to your link, that Casull thing puts out twice the power of a .44 mag. hellno3d.gif HOLY SHIT! hellno3d.gif

Smith & Wesson announced its largest handgun ever, called .50 caliber Magnum. It has an 8.5 inch barrel, weighs 4.5 pounds, a pound heavier than Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum, and 3X times more power. Cost, only $989. This S&W .50 Magnum will be real popular gun with thugs and street gangs. Although its barrel is too long to conceal, you could easily modify it by sawing off the barrel to be a snub snose revolver.

I give it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

-trask bigdrink.gif

Although its barrel is too long to conceal, you could easily modify it by sawing off the barrel to be a snub snose revolver.

I give it thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Trask, that reminds me of a Paul Harvey story. Some stupid gang banger did this to a shot gun. I think it was a side by side. Loaded it up and forgot to set the safety. It discharged in his pants. Now, her pants. the_finger.gif

-trask bigdrink.gif

Fairweather said:

Sisu,

I was in Mcarthy a couple years ago and noticed quite a few folks around town carrying .45's. I asked a guy who my (10 yr old!) son and I were sitting next to in the tavern about his choice of weapon. He explained that he would rather get 7 or 8 lower-powered shots off than one or two from a 7 pound shotgun that was probably strapped to his pack anyhow, or even a heavy trigger-pull revolver. As I was carrying a .44 single action, I could see his logic.

As it turns out, we did have a bear encounter while in the mountains, but luckily, nothing that involved a shot being fired. ...But that's another story....

I am pretty sure that the Fish and Game boys and girls have a lot more experience with bears than some yahoo in McCarthy. Anyway...ya gots to do what ya gots to do. I like my riot gun. No safety, all loaded in the tube and the pump is all the way back.

Bug said:

I have been attacked by several bears. Five of them, I had to escape up a tree or down a hidden draw or to a group of people. One charged right up to me in the middle of a clearcut. Since he was young and about my size, I stood up to him and he backed down. It was touch and go. If I wouldn't have stood up to him, he would have chewed on me a bit.****************************************************

Bug, I got this bud in alaska. We nick named him SpEd. Ed. Cause his name is ed and he teaches SpEd.

Anyway, his style is throw rocks, yell, if in a group stick together and do all of the listed behaviors. They carry weapons, but have never had to actually kill a bear. He goes to some real dicy places to Steelhead and salmon fish. I've seen pics of him within a body length of a griz on the rivers. Last year he had a fish on when the griz decided that it was his fish. Ed said he will never use Maxon(spelling)leader again. Too hard to break off so bear could have fish.