Good Government

incubus

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think that these are all complex issues that transcend a simple solution. A simple solution...

That's what I fear. Are you too willing to submit your life to a system or a political party because it has the answers? Not enough time in your life to think?

"Guns don't kill people. People do." Yes, people certainly do kill people... with cars, knives, etc. Yet, accessibility to guns is part of the problem. The kid that sneaks his father's handgun to school is part of the problem. There are so many other parts of the equation that it makes the mind boggle.

I know one thing. We, as Americans, aren't afraid to kill. Maybe that's part of the plan...

"Videodrome is real... it has something that you don't have, Max. It has a philosophy. And that is what makes it dangerous."

j_b said:

RobBob said:

naw, trask would've dropped brown coils on him...

it is trask. no doubt about it. the signature insulting pm's (which i told you i would not read btw), worthless trolls that are not even his own. in summary, truly pathetic.

Hey, he's better than you! moon.gif

scrambler said:

The kid that sneaks his father's handgun to school is part of the problem.

Incorrect. Lack of education on the part of the father on proper gun safety, and the practice thereof, is the problem. People don't give kids enough credit; so many kids grow up with guns in the home and don't do what you describe. What is the underlying problem? It's not the gun, is it the parent?

Greg_W said:

rbw1966 said:

I read him as saying the kid was the problem, not the gun.

I would say the parent was the problem. THe gun is the owner's responsibility; i.e., the parent.

My ol' man was career military. Thus, my brother and I grew up with guns, shooting at beer bottles in the water and hunting. I would have never thought of bringing a gun to school because there was the fear instilled in us by the ol'man. You see, he used to leave his coiled belt in the same closet where the rifles and ammo were. A visible reminder. So, yeah... I gotta agree with ya, Greg.

Maybe we gotta point at a more elusive culprit, the loss of time to spend with kids to teach them or the lack of foresight on the part of parents or... However, I do think that access to guns has increased dramatically over time and that is part of the problem. Now, the knee-jerk reaction is to limit accessibility, which I don't necessarily accept.

Edited by scrambler

scrambler said:

Greg_W said:

rbw1966 said:

I read him as saying the kid was the problem, not the gun.

I would say the parent was the problem. THe gun is the owner's responsibility; i.e., the parent.

My ol' man was career military. Thus, my brother and I grew up with guns, shooting at beer bottles in the water and hunting. I would have never thought of bringing a gun to school because there was the fear instilled in us by the ol'man. You see, he used to leave his coiled belt in the same closet where the rifles and ammo were. A visible remainder. So, yeah... I gotta agree with ya, Greg.

Maybe we gotta point at a more elusive culprit, the loss of time to spend with kids to teach them or the lack of foresight on the part of parents or... However, I do think that access to guns has increased dramatically over time and that is part of the problem. Now, the knee-jerk reaction is to limit accessibility, which I don't necessarily accept.

when I was a child all the guns in my home were on a gun rack next to the front door. It was never an issue.

incubus said:

I just got a nasty PM from j-b (who is this person anyway? What a foul-mouthed little Cretan). Is this how a new member is supposed to be treated?

and a liar too (no real surprise). perhaps, we could ask an admin to check whether i sent you a message if you insist with your antagonistic bullshit. i don't need pm's to tell you what i think. as i said before, you are a cancer to this board. your participation here prevents reasonable folks from participating.

j_b said:

incubus said:

I just got a nasty PM from j-b (who is this person anyway? What a foul-mouthed little Cretan). Is this how a new member is supposed to be treated?

and a liar too (no real surprise). perhaps, we could ask an admin to check whether i sent you a message if you insist with your antagonistic bullshit. i don't need pm's to tell you what i think. as i said before, you are a cancer to this board. your participation here prevents reasonable folks from participating.

j_b you are worse than Trask/Incubus. The only person here who appreciates you is marylou, and that's not saying much. Shut up. yellowsleep.gif