The Big Rolling Eyes - Comparing Sprays and non

Dru

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jon said:

You know, what really pisses me off is someone starts a thread like this one.....

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=245868

and I open the shit up and it's the same fucking people every time posting their mindless drivel all over the place. It doesn't matter if you think it's a stupid thread or not. Get a clue.

You mean like this thread here?

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

I seem to be having dificulty remembering... what was that whole free speach thing??? wave.gif

It doesn't apply here because this is a privately owned and operated website. As such, those in charge are the ones who decide what stays and what goes. That they are willing to allow and put up with as much as they have here is a statement to their tolerance and willingness to conduct an open forum for the exchange of ideas and thoughts.

I grew this wicked beard once, and for fun, I combed it all out while looking in the mirror. Suddenly, I was staring at "Mr. Whiskers" from the book "A Cranberry Bog Mystrey" that I had when I was a kid. They accused him of eating the cranberry pie, but I think the dog did it. Now that I think of it, I really have no clue what the big mystery was. I think I'm clutching to false memories, like those people who are convinved that their parents were in satanic cults, and used their kids in the rituals.

Necronomicon said:

I grew this wicked beard once, and for fun, I combed it all out while looking in the mirror. Suddenly, I was staring at "Mr. Whiskers" from the book "A Cranberry Bog Mystrey" that I had when I was a kid. They accused him of eating the cranberry pie, but I think the dog did it. Now that I think of it, I really have no clue what the big mystery was. I think I'm clutching to false memories, like those people who are convinved that their parents were in satanic cults, and used their kids in the rituals.

if the dog ate it shouldn't that be cranberry Dog mystery?

who solves the mystery, Encyclopedia Brown? Geek_em8.gif

Dru said:

Necronomicon said:

if the dog ate it shouldn't that be cranberry Dog mystery?

who solves the mystery, Encyclopedia Brown? Geek_em8.gif

I think I read all of the Encyclopedia Brown's. I also had all of the "McBroom" books. They were these kick ass tall tales, for example, about watermelons that grew so fast, the kids would throw in the seeds, jump on the meolns, and race them.

Necronomicon said:

There was one where they grew a giant ear of corn, and brought it to the fair, except it was so hot, that the corn popped and filled the bigtop with popcorn.

or wait, maybe those books don't exist, and you are trying to create a false memory in me shocked.gifshocked.gifconfused.gif

in regards to agendas being set by moderators, I'd say that is clear. do moderators steer commentary to support thier interests? I don't think Mattp would do so.

but case in point on the current bolting thread, yesterday I posted a comment made by Royal Robbins, a notoriously clean climber, about why he STOPPED chopping bolts on a hard man route in the sixties Warren Harding had set...

it was a comment about a famously clean climber seing bolts as a very small issue, microcosmic against the granite. so he stops chopping bolts.... my post got completly chopped from that thread...

whichever moderator thought that was irrevelant to a thread on bolts in the mountains has got their head up someone's ass, and it isn't Mattp as far as I call tell.

Beck said:

in regards to agendas being set by moderators, I'd say that is clear. do moderators steer commentary to support thier interests? I don't think Mattp would do so.

but case in point on the current bolting thread, yesterday I posted a comment made by Royal Robbins, a notoriously clean climber, about why he STOPPED chopping bolts on a hard man route in the sixties Warren Harding had set...

it was a comment about a famously clean climber seing bolts as a very small issue, microcosmic against the granite. so he stops chopping bolts.... my post got completly chopped from that thread...

whichever moderator thought that was irrevelant to a thread on bolts in the mountains has got their head up someone's ass, and it isn't Mattp as far as I call tell.

Off_White said:

Its not the quotes Beck, it's that the content is stupid and irrelevant, at least with regards to your muddled reference (no actual quote involved) about Robbins chopping some bolts and then deciding to stop. What the 33 year old Wall of Early Morning Light partial route erasure has to do with the question of bolt protected free climable cracks in Washington escapes me. Still, its nice to know the editing bugs you.

wave.gif