great day in town today

Beck

Beck said:

WHO SAYS you can't belay a leader on it? it's a GIGI...... it belays, where did you guys learn how to climb, the mountaineers? don't you understand the basic operation of plate belay devices? who taught you guys? don't you understand the principle of belay devices (like the boot axe belay, for instance)

bend in rope...

you guys are just stupid or trolling, and i don't care. you sound like climbing dumbfucks, IMO...

"you can' belay a leader with it!" cantfocus.gif

ITS A PLAQUETTE!

a plaquette! and i wonder, maybe the reverso MAYBE the reverso is 'half as light' but i've seen a reverso wear out from one seasons use so maybe lightness is a tradeoff in durability... a climbed guy wanted us to warranty his reverso because it had worn out so fast.

and though Gigi wasn't who was important this weekend, she was a happy participant in tree climbing yesterday..

Beck(y), the AMOUNT of bend in the rope determines holding power. Now, get this: the gigi is so elongated that when used as a plate device, the bend is not great enough, so the holding power of the device is compromised. Talk about rocket scientists.... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex said:

Beck said:

and alex, i'm curious.... you say it doesn't work... WHY? doesnt it?

because you can't rig it?

Teehee, so clever you are! You can belay a leader if you want to, Beck, I was just pointing out that other climbers, less knowledgable than you and clearly not as well informed, have discovered and moved on to a belay device that "does all that" but weighs half and is smoother to operate. Have fun with your new GiGi!

wave.gif

It's officially his favorite dildo. thumbs_up.gif

and a loose catch means... less impact force on the anchors?

if you can't arrest a leader fall by rope bending around ANY device3, you'd probably be better off watching sunday afternoon football.

someone, chime in with

"there's NO WAY you can catch a fall with an ice axe!!! you need a belay device!"

'yeah, i'm a mountie. i can't figure out how to make the gigi work"

thanks alpine K, and it DOES look like less trouble up the butt, and still work about thesame in the dynamic layout of the reverso, wouldn't you think?

hmm, i never thought "up the ass" was a place to store gear. sounds like some of these posters have already been experimenting!!!

Gee look, Beck is right

From the KONG web site:

Belaying the thirst climber

In spite of the fact that Gi-Gi has not been expressly conceived as dynamic belayer for the first climber, it is used by some experts using two connectors.

Warning

It is a delicate manoeuvre requiring skill and training.

doc412e.gif

snoboy said:

Gee look, Beck is right

From the KONG web site:

Belaying the thirst climber

In spite of the fact that Gi-Gi has not been expressly conceived as dynamic belayer for the first climber, it is used by some experts using two connectors.

Warning

It is a delicate manoeuvre requiring skill and training.

doc412e.gif

the thirst climber would rather be bigdrink.gif than belayed tongue.gif

AlpineK said:

Which would you rather shove up your butt?

Hey that's my joke! And we all know the answer is some stupid Miox pen.

This thread is more horse's arse than the Calgary Stampede.

horse_arse1.gif

Does anyone give a shit what Beck did at the weekend in Seattle?

i was just posting what i did this weekend, mounties! and i wasn't climbing!

good work, gumbies.. you really understand belay there, you need a manual to explain dubious euro speak on a time tested device...

you guys were interested in what i did, ADE, or was it marylou, this went to two pages on the fun i had not climbing...

i was in town, not climbing......

Went fishing in the way lower Stilly (even closer to Trask's stomping grounds). Fished for a long time. Had 4 nice hooks up and landed a nice silver which I cooked last night for my wife, myself and my ever faithful red nosed Staffshire terrier. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome day it was. rockband.gif