great day in town today

Beck

unexpectedly spent a very nice unplanned day in town with a friend and something fun around town cool.gif Thanks, that was a blast!!! I forgot how much fun not climbing on a good weather weekend can be..it was some of the most fun I've had all summer (Really, Ab!) wink.gif

lets go do it again! maybe we can even go climbing over rocks, or go for a hike out by a river with a picnic basket while there's still summer like weather...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heya!

Mountaineers Books has their headquarters right by the Cement Plant and there are some very accomplished women that work there, Kurt!

UPDATE:

Boomerang recovered. Big stick brought home as well. Took GiGi to tree climb this morning, Kurt. She climbs well, lets off easy, but I wouldn't use her as a belay slave!!! wink.gif

and as to my friend I was with yesterday, a boomerang is like compassion- you really can't lose it, it just comes back at you- cantfocus.gifwink.gif thanks, it really was a fun time.

Beck

Beck said:

unexpectedly spent a very nice unplanned day in town with a friend and something fun around town cool.gif Thanks, that was a blast!!! I forgot how much fun not climbing on a good weather weekend can be..it was some of the most fun I've had all summer (Really, Ab!) wink.gif

lets go do it again! maybe we can even go climbing over rocks, or go for a hike out by a river with a picnic basket while there's still summer like weather...

hahaha, Beck's in luv smirk.gif

Boomerang recovered. Big stick brought home as well. Took GiGi to tree climb this morning, Kurt. She climbs well, lets off easy, but I wouldn't use her as a belay slave!!!

If you knew anything about tree climbing you would know that all tree climbers solo with a harness, rope, locking carabiner, and a throw ball.

A real tree climber doesn't need some sleasy, mail order, eurotrash bride. wazzup.gif

AlpineK said:

Boomerang recovered. Big stick brought home as well. Took GiGi to tree climb this morning, Kurt. She climbs well, lets off easy, but I wouldn't use her as a belay slave!!!

If you knew anything about tree climbing you would know that all tree climbers solo with a harness, rope, locking carabiner, and a throw ball.

A real tree climber doesn't need some sleasy, mail order, eurotrash bride. wazzup.gif

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif Point to AK.

it's called...gear test.

i can foot lock too kurt and know how to tie a monkey's paw for a throw line , but I'm happy not to be where you're at, kurt

you can chestbeat about you "being a real tree climber" all you want, Alpine K, i don't really care, you already have my respect for being an arborist.

i was talking about friendship, a fun day in town and not being able to lose a boomerang. and Gigi.

Gigi is hot! she's cheap, and she's easy. plus, she can do you many ways.

let's not get the rest of the crowd confused about GiGi and GriGri. They are two completely different things. Mine is ten bucks worth of cheap italian alloy. Some of the crowd might not be able to differentiate cantfocus.gif

GiGi, she's my only climbing partner left after Teddy Rux left me wink.gif

WHO SAYS you can't belay a leader on it? it's a GIGI...... it belays, where did you guys learn how to climb, the mountaineers? don't you understand the basic operation of plate belay devices? who taught you guys? don't you understand the principle of belay devices (like the boot axe belay, for instance)

bend in rope...

you guys are just stupid or trolling, and i don't care. you sound like climbing dumbfucks, IMO...

"you can' belay a leader with it!" cantfocus.gif

ITS A PLAQUETTE!

a plaquette! and i wonder, maybe the reverso MAYBE the reverso is 'half as light' but i've seen a reverso wear out from one seasons use so maybe lightness is a tradeoff in durability... a climbed guy wanted us to warranty his reverso because it had worn out so fast.

and though Gigi wasn't who was important this weekend, she was a happy participant in tree climbing yesterday..

Beck said:

WHO SAYS you can't belay a leader on it? it's a GIGI...... it belays,

Yes, it belays... seconds

Beck said:

don't you understand the basic operation of plate belay devices?

Yes, but clearly one of us has not tried belaying a leader with a GiGi yet! pitty.gif

Beck said:

you guys are just stupid or trolling, and i don't care. you sound like climbing dumbfucks, IMO...

I would like to state for the record that yes, I am a climbing dumbfuck! All in favor say Aye.. "Aye"!

Beck said:

MAYBE the reverso is 'half as light' but i've seen a reverso wear out from one seasons use so maybe lightness is a tradeoff in durability

uh huh, and I believed all the sob stories my customers told me when they were returning climbing gear, too

Beck said:

and though Gigi wasn't who was important this weekend, she was a happy participant in tree climbing yesterday..

I just knew it, I knew thats why you didnt call!! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

anyone that has experience with plates not holding belays chime right in then...

a plate is a plate is a plate, in this climbers book...

b-52 is a plate, the stitch is a plate, the atc is a plate, the gigi is a plate, these are all plate devices. the reverso is even a plate belay device... you guys can't hold a leader fall on a b-52 or an ATC... Huh?

they all work on how many bends you put in a rope, nothing more...

this isn't rocket science, thank god...

and alex, i'm curious.... you say it doesn't work... WHY? doesnt it?

because you can't rig it?

Beck said:

and alex, i'm curious.... you say it doesn't work... WHY? doesnt it?

because you can't rig it?

Teehee, so clever you are! You can belay a leader if you want to, Beck, I was just pointing out that other climbers, less knowledgable than you and clearly not as well informed, have discovered and moved on to a belay device that "does all that" but weighs half and is smoother to operate. Have fun with your new GiGi!

wave.gif