Serious toothpaste question...

adventuregal

So I'm curious. I've got this Crest toothpaste, mint advanced cleaning or something like that. Its the kind that has 2 colors. Blue and white. They come out of different holes at the bottom of the tube. So here's my question: is the toothpaste separated up in the tube so the colors will come out the right hole all the time, or if I mash it up real good will it all just be light blue?? confused.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minx said:

they're usually separated by dividers in the tube (sadly i've tried this cantfocus.gif) your brand may be different...try it.

for more fun and entertainment with hygeine products, put an UNSCENTED bar of soap in the microwave fruit.gif

Minx, I know of some things you can mix up and put into your microwave to cause an explosion. Did this out side one time using an old microwave...very serious debris went flying in air the_finger.gif

well i wasn't actually suggesting that AG explode stuff in her microwave. (i've done that plenty of times w/o even trying) the soap in the microwave is just kinda neat. The tooth paste doesn't separate as the result of a chemical reaction. it's a bloody marketing gimic i think.

adventuregal said:

Ursa_Eagle said:

they could be separated because of a reaction that may take place when they are mixed... just a thought

What KIND of reaction?? Are you saying my toothpaste can double as a bomb??!! yellaf.gifcantfocus.gifevils3d.gif

What ever you do...don't try taking it on an airplane hellno3d.gif

you can make plasma by lighting a match, blowing it out, then putting it in the microwave. After a few seconds (sometimes as much as 30-60), balls of plasma form and start bouncing up on the ceiling of the microwave. cantfocus.gifhahaha.gif

Edit: Oh yeah, you have to actually turn the microwave on once the blown-out matches are in it. It's also a good idea to put the matches on something that you don't really care about (old glass plate, etc.)

Edited by Ursa_Eagle

Some peroxide based toothpastes are divided because the peroxide would bleach out the colored part if they were to contact. People like color in their toothpaste. If it weren't for that, they would just use white. So yes, it is a gimmick. I used to work for sonicare which at the time was developing toothpastes and mouthwashes. I can tell you stuff you don't even want to know, so I won't.

catbirdseat said:

Some peroxide based toothpastes are divided because the peroxide would bleach out the colored part if they were to contact. People like color in their toothpaste. If it weren't for that, they would just use white. So yes, it is a gimmick. I used to work for sonicare which at the time was developing toothpastes and mouthwashes. I can tell you stuff you don't even want to know, so I won't.

tell me dood! i herd from a dentist that toothpaste isn't necessary for brushing if you live in an area with flouride in the water. i still use da shit, but whatever. spill the beans brah! grin.gif

lummox said:

losers use crest. get the colgate dammit. wazzup.gif

You sound like one of those people who says "Coke sucks, drink Pepsi!" when in fact they both taste like cat pee (I imagine rolleyes.gif). You guys are supposed to be alpine hardmen, right? You should just use baking soda, or better yet, sand.

-Josh

Ursa_Eagle said:

CBS, you should have known better than to say that in front of a bunch of "inquiring minds" wink.gif

..."because inquiring minds want to know" (what was that the slogan from?)

DUH the enquierer Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer