Mmmmm beeeer

sketchfest

I am not a beer connoisseur nor would I classify myself as a total beer snob, but I would always prefer to drink a micro-brew vs. a mass produced ""American" lager. If I'm buying off the shelf at my local neighborhood food peddler I will purchase something from the Deschutes Brewery and if I'm buying a pint somewhere, I generally look for something brewed on an even more personal scale like Terminal Gravity. However last night, on my way home from work I stopped to pick up some chips and salsa for Monday nights game and grabbed a 6-er of Eel River Organic Amber Ale. Before last night I had never heard of this beer, nor had I ever knowingly consumed an "organic" brew and as DFA might recommend a nice Pinot or perhaps a quality Cab/Merlot mix, I highly recommend this beer from Eel River, even if it is brewed in Cali. The only caveat to this is you might need to take a second out on your home if you intend to get drunk because at $8.00 a 6 pack its a little spendy. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sketchfest said:

MisterE said:

What does this have to do with climbing? Mod Squad?

Crickey, try to share a little freindly beer info and get your head slammed, cause I shoulda posted in spray. Whats wrong E, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Trying to break the "beer for breakfast" habit wink.gifbigdrink.gif

I just wrote an article for Oregon Tilth on organic bottled beer. It should be out in a couple of weeks.

I gotta say I didn't like Eel River that much. Fish Tale from Olympia ranked a lot higher, but what the hell do I know? But free beer rocks!

There's also a super good beer coming out of Roseburg called Supernatural brewed by Hawk's or something like that. That stuff is the shiznit ... organic hops from New Zealand. You can get it at New Seasons.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

erik said:

MISTER-e does not belong in the climbers forum.

I guess that means you will be leading Wartley's Revenge at TuftFest and I will be following wazzup.gif

cuz I thought it was the other way around.

That's o.k. though, I'll defer this one to you, Erik.

You're sure now, right? boxing_smiley.gif

mister-e

i wont be roping up with you...as i can see our personalities do not seem to click. nothing personal......

and anyways wartleys has already been ticked!

and anyways, i dont remeber claiming to be a good climber, ever. so..........................................................

...free beer does ROCK, winter....

my boss keeps a fridge full of free labatts at my job that i can access 24/7, he encourages it!

and i'll find out today what kind of free beverages will be tossed down our gullets at ropeup this year!

mmmm, free beer bigdrink.gifrockband.gif

Beck said:

...free beer does ROCK, winter....

my boss keeps a fridge full of free labatts at my job that i can access 24/7, he encourages it!

and i'll find out today what kind of free beverages will be tossed down our gullets at ropeup this year!

mmmm, free beer bigdrink.gifrockband.gif

Beck, we've heard all about your free on-site beer ad nausium. No wonder everybody hates you now, you're fucking drunk all the time. Put down that bottle son, and get some productive work done for a change. the_finger.gif