Sandi @ UW IMA can go to Hell as far as I care

Gary_Yngve

I've been extremely moody lately because I haven't gotten any mountain action, especially with having to work insane hours since Thursday.

I had a tent to return Thursday, but I was working through the two hour window the gear room was open. So I came down today, the next available time, to return the gear, and the person working there so cheerily informs me that I cannot check any gear out for the next two weeks because I was late in returning the tent. I basically flipped out and spewed a slew of cuss words about Sandi before I stormed off to the UW Rock and discovered that I was too pissed off to enjoy bouldering on it.

No doubt this minion has been brainwashed to do whatever Sandi orders, so I'm not holding him responsible. Though I would like to point out that previous people working at the gear room have been far more forgiving. And this hasn't at all been my first dealings with the power-tripping Sandi, who rules over the climbing club (and other IMA clubs) with iron-fisted fury. She's been screwing over the club and its members for years.

Grrrr, I just had to get this out of my system...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, I had no intent to check out gear over the next two weeks anyway because I won't be able to go to the mountains until August (damn work).

I was mainly annoyed by the cheeriness in the guy's voice as he was enforcing Sandi's law.

I'll tell you another Sandi story from a few weeks ago. I had to pick up some checks for the climbing club, and Sandi wouldn't give them to me unless Stebbi called her up and authorized her to give the checks to me, and then I came with picture ID. This was after we circulated email among all of us saying that I'd come down to get the checks. Anyway, I came back a few minutes later with my ID and Stebbi's ID, and she didn't even look at the IDs closer than 10 feet away but gave me the checks anyway. Grrrrr...

So yes, I could buy a tent if I wanted to right now. But it wouldn't be a good use of money. (My money this past half year has instead gone towards a pair of tools and a digicam). I use a tent just a handful of times a year, namely when we're looking at a shitty forecast but we're going out anyway. It's really convenient to be able to borrow a Bibler I-Tent or a NF VE-25.

Gary_Yngve said:

So yes, I could buy a tent if I wanted to right now. But it wouldn't be a good use of money. (My money this past half year has instead gone towards a pair of tools and a digicam). I use a tent just a handful of times a year, namely when we're looking at a shitty forecast but we're going out anyway. It's really convenient to be able to borrow a Bibler I-Tent or a NF VE-25.

There are plenty of places to rent tents, aren't there?

confused.gif

Friends with tents?

I give the talk at SIGGRAPH next Tuesday. He's having a baby in about a week and a half. Between those two, his stranglehold on me should lessen.

I plan on making up for my shitty climbing summer (I've been happy with the quality of routes I've done, just not the quantity) by doing a lot of climbing in August.