DFA Sightings?

RobBob

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

I remember the days of yore, when young, flamethrowing Dr. Flash would have lashed back with a trad-blast...

Ah, man, cut the Doctor some slack, eh? It's about 900 degrees in here, it's too hot to climb out there, it's too hot to get any sleep ... lethargy, ennui, catatonia. Anyway, familiarity has bred contempt for the verbose and lengthy twistings of wit of days gone by, which postings were mostly lost on the sub-average sub-basement-dwelling sub-humans at which they were directed anyway.

Also:

1. Who has some good under-10-dolla' white wine recommendations for this ungodly hot weather?

2. Try the New Zealand sharp white cheddar down at Wild Oats. Delicious, and not such a crude, in-yer-face sharpness as most sharp cheddar. A smooth sharpness, if you can imagine such. Swell on quesadillas or solo.

DFA,

Although I'm partial to the deeper reds, you should give the Bonair Chardonnay a try. Also the Barnard Griffith Chard. Both WA wines. Both good values. A wee bit above the quoted price range, but I think you might enjoy them, just the same. Cheers! bigdrink.gif

sobo said:

DFA,

Although I'm partial to the deeper reds, you should give the Bonair Chardonnay a try. Also the Barnard Griffith Chard. Both WA wines. Both good values. A wee bit above the quoted price range, but I think you might enjoy them, just the same. Cheers! bigdrink.gif

Duly noted. Tried the Bonair (huh huh, you said ...) Merlot at some friends' house in Tacoma around Christmas. Fair drinkable stuff, it was.

Thanks for the recco's, y'all. And in return, might DFA suggest the Geyser Peak Sauv. Blanc. Their Cab is also a goodie.

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

RobBob said:

I remember the days of yore, when young, flamethrowing Dr. Flash would have lashed back with a trad-blast...

Ah, man, cut the Doctor some slack, eh? It's about 900 degrees in here, it's too hot to climb out there, it's too hot to get any sleep ... lethargy, ennui, catatonia. Anyway, familiarity has bred contempt for the verbose and lengthy twistings of wit of days gone by, which postings were mostly lost on the sub-average sub-basement-dwelling sub-humans at which they were directed anyway.

Also:

1. Who has some good under-10-dolla' white wine recommendations for this ungodly hot weather?

2. Try the New Zealand sharp white cheddar down at Wild Oats. Delicious, and not such a crude, in-yer-face sharpness as most sharp cheddar. A smooth sharpness, if you can imagine such. Swell on quesadillas or solo.

Fuckin wine snob.....fuck off boxing_smiley.gifthumbs_down.gif

erik said:

sobo said:

erik said:

bonair winery has cc.com ties!!!!

are you referring to "jp", he whose parents own the winery?

WERD

PRETTY DECENT GUY AND A MACHINE AS A CLIMBER

I would agree with you on both counts, after seeing some of his noteworthy routes in the Tieton. I met him only once, in the Paradise ranger station gearing up for a rescue about 3 years ago. Quiet, confident, and unassuming, in a powerful sort of way. I sincerely doubt he would remember me, tho. I'm just a punter... yellaf.gif