BD Rocks..

Rodchester

I know some that post here disagree...but Black Diamond rockband.gif.

A couple of weeks ago I posted asking if anyone knew of a place that would re-sew slings on old cams. Responses were varied and I did contact one local Seattle place. Some one recommended BD.

Two of my cams (out of four) in need of some attention were BD. Someone had recomended senidng them to BD. So, I called BD and they said to mail them in and clearly explained the various prices for various services. They were very straight forward, telling me to include a credit card number in a note with the cams. So I mailed them in.

Only a week or so later I got them back. cool.gif They had re-sewn the draws, put on new trigger kits, and cleaned up the cams in general. They are almost like new. fruit.gif They did a great job thumbs_up.gif and did it quicly too.

Then a card fell out of the box, with a hand written note saying: "No charge, this time. John." rockband.gif

Well John, you're my hero. bigdrink.gif

BD rockband.gif.

wave.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty sweet. I'm not sure why people give BD shit, because they seem to be the class of the companies in this industry. Sometimes their gear isn't the best for a specific purpose, but when all things are equal, I'd rather deal with a company like BD.

daler said:

Not to mention they are the ones spearheading the anti Gale Norton effort. The feds want to release millions of acres in Utah from protection. BD had the balls to stand up and fight. Way to go BD!!!

Agreed! this is a bonus. Anybody doing what they can to fight that b**ch Gale Norton will get my support. thumbs_up.gif

thelawgoddess said:

dmm. thumbs_up.gif

from Wales? You need a couple gallons of spit in your mouth just to pronounce the town names rolleyes.gif I highly recommend you discontinue their use and send all of it to me. Particularly those keylock wiregates.

iain said:

thelawgoddess said:

dmm. thumbs_up.gif

from Wales? You need a couple gallons of spit in your mouth just to pronounce the town names rolleyes.gif I highly recommend you discontinue their use and send all of it to me. Particularly those keylock wiregates.

Pronunciation improves the more you use the local bigdrink.gif

Wales is great, I did my first real climbs at Ffestiniogg.

Dru said:

Fence_Sitter said:

Dru said:

can't use BD OR Petzl.... what's left? Kong? yellaf.gif

wild country... FF rock! rockband.gif

Wild Country is owned by Petzl Charlet now didn't ya know rolleyes.gif

nope i dont masterbate to my own quotes in climbing and read advertisements and "whats new in the business of climbing" articles... rolleyes.gif