Pub Club 1-22-02

crazyjizzy

So - where were you guys? I drove through speed traps and sleet to get to Monroe, and found the door marked by a Peavey. Inside was the stone grave, where a dead guy was buried beneath the floor. This was the place! I scanned the bar for climbers, and saw some unlikely looking prospects talking to the bartender, two couples in their forties, with the guys wearing logger shirts and their gals sporting top-heavy hairdos. I haven't seen Fred Grafton for fifteen years, but these guys looked as if they've been smoking and drinking heavily for a few years - could his health have deteriorated so that I don't even recognize him anymore? Might one of them be the CrazyJZ guy? The music was playing so loud I could barely here myself think, and I couldn't hear what they were saying but through sign language they assured me they were not climbers (I think one of them said he had climbed a tree once). I didn't bother to check on the two guys playing pool and dancing to the beat of Guns ‘n Roses, or the three young pool hustlers at the next table - barely 21, with spaghetti noodles for arms, and leather jackets hung on their chairs.

After a while, ChrisW showed up and so did Bronco. We retired to a table as far away as possible from the speakers and talked about climbing. Mt. Rainier, Darrington, Index Town Wall, self-belay techniques, and the mystery of just what it is that makes Caveman tick were among the topics (on this last point, we discovered that Cavey had on different occasions cornered all three of us with his "when can you go to Mount Terror - I want to climb that thing - I want to go with you" routine). We agreed that tied-off ice screws stuck into snow do not make good belay anchors. We talked about the atmospheric pressure at 20,320 feet in Alaska. Pub Club made to Monroe and where were you guys?

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: mattp ]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suury

had foreign fil might with the other one in my life......not too bad......plus my index bivi is in canada b/c snowboarding

i can't drink too much beer right now as i have to stay lean and mean for our tourney coming up......the one person i cannot stand in the world is on the other team so i must be at my top so i can crush him and his fellow bros and go home a voctorious has been soccer player......

death to arsenal!!!!!

next week if it is in tacoma i will bring a suprise!!!!

Erik...hikerwa...MattP...Icegirl...Jules...Vegetable Belay...Chuck...ChrisW....Dr. Jay....Alpine K....Caveman....Pfffffff....pope.....Dynamite...Jon (to name just a few of the regulars - although pope ain't a regular)...TACOMA HEREBY CLAIMS THE PUB CLUB FOR NEXT WEEK AND WE EXPECT ALL OF YOU AND THE OTHERS TO SHOW UP. Matt P is so effortlessly cool that he's probably been to every one of these things and yes, he DOES has a life, a busy one. If Matt P can make it, and this week's Alpine Buddy can regularly try to make it, SO CAN YOU. We want 35 people there next week. Did you hear that? 35! So take a look at your blank appointment books and pencil it in like the big executive you think you are.

- Dwayner [big Drink]

Like...whatever...you clowns decide. I'm finding that some of these pub-club site nominations are a bit self-serving. Yes, I live in Tacoma, but I'm also tired of driving to Ballard or Seattle when few people make the effort to drive south. (although Chris W. and Matt P. and ehmmic are the exception and appear regularly where ever.)

Erik...I did my bit...you can nominate the Tacoma site next time. I've been shot down the last couple of time and ain't gonna bother with it for awhile. And by the way...I am happy that Michelle is coming back from South America, but we ALL got stories to tell and I'm equally interested in hearing about Dan Larson's conquest of the Tooth.

- Dwayne

Brother Jay: It's spelled "Ruple", but you got the Estes part correct. I ain't trying to get all bitchy, but it gets frustrating to try to organize something and then someone says, oh yah, I reserved that way back when and it's oh so convenient for us to walk home after drinking ourselves into a stupor. Some of us rarely have that luxury and some of us don't live near the apparent "center of the action". That's the story. So Estes my Ruple.By the way, Dr. Jay.....YOU RULE!- DwayneP.S. And whose last minute plea for babeage resulted in females actually showing up at that Latona pub thing?.....why it was Dwayner. Damn ingrates!

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Dwayner ]

I am a disgrace! I got home, checked the computer and figured out that things were chaos and Monroe wasn't going to happen, and went to bed. I had to be at work at 4:00am so we could rotohammer some fucking holes when there were no fucking tennants around. I'll go wherever the next place is as long as my buddy Special K is there.

Hey Dwayner I was at a pub club in Tacoma and you weren't there so don't flip dude. I would love to drink in Tacoma with you. I would also like to drink with Michelle. I do remember her asking to drink in Ballard next week. How about we drink in Ballard next tues and T town the following week. I promiss... as long as I'm not skiing somewhere.

So whats the deal with friday?