North Twin Vandals

scot'teryx

Did the West Ridge of the N Twin on Tuesday, and after riding our bikes down from the TH we found my friend Ryan's brand new truck torn apart. Both windows bashed in with big boulders, fuse box torn apart, everything inside was gone including chacos, cellphones, clothes, keys, etc etc.

We had to crawl around on the ground in the dark to find fuses that they tore out to get the car to start, and then replace the rest of what we could find so it would run. No odometer, interior lights, or stereo for the ride home, but the heater worked so no windows on the ride home could have been much worse

Police department said they can't do anything w/o a suspect.

Be careful when parking your car there, I know I won't be heading back there at all. Last time we did this last year we had no problems, but you never know.......

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it made no sense. The tribal police were worthless, so my friend made a report with Whatcom Country Police.

All the stuff inside is not covered, and would fall under my homeowners insurance. Somehow I believe all my stuff that I lost was not worth as much as our 500 deductible

Someone's wearing my chacos though and that pisses me off!

thumbs_up.gifPay a few guys to sit in the bushes with baseball bats for couple nights and beat the living hell outa any dipshit thieves. Or, cover the bastards with food and leave 'em out for the grizzly bears to bite their balls off.

Bronco said:

Looks like good dirt/choss!

Any pics of the truck?

Pretty solid rock actually, the stuff is so grainy and sharp my fingers look like I've been in bishop for a week, almost bleeding from the fingertips.

The sofa rock (The obelisk I think) almost felt like it was moving when I sat in it.

There were some images of the truck, but my friend took these images and I should be getting the rest later this week. My new camera finally came in the mail to replace the one I lost on Hidden lakes Peak back in December.

I guess the Whatcom Police Department said that a single female hiker had her car broken into the same way the week before. She ran into some punks sitting in a truck near the scene of the crime and asked them if they saw anything I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
vegetablebelay said:

What does the sticker on the back window say? wave.gif

It looks like the temporary Liscense. Boy, that really was a "brand new" truck. At least he probly got over the inital reluctance to beat on it pretty quick after that incident.

Those vandals probly think it's extra funny to hammer on a brand spankin new truck. madgo_ron.gif