Cloudveil Jacket - Icicle Buttress

Bronco

To: Driver of grey or silver Toyota (or similar) mini van with gear box on roof who climbed the R & D route on Icicle Butt today as a party of 4 (3 guys and 1 female).

Re: Return of jacket and contents in pockets.

Sir or Madam:

Today one of the people in your party removed my Jacket from the base of the climb. It was stashed in or on a bush near your addidas shoes, Chalcos, black clogs, black sweater and black & green Black Diamond rope bag. I request you contact me to return the jacket and contents of the pockets by May 30. No questions asked if the Jacket, guide book and pocket knife are returned.

wave.gif

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

Anyone else see this party/van? Which model/what color was the jacket that they took?

Hopefully they thought that this jacket belonged to someone in their party and picked it up by mistake.

If you don't get your jacket back soon post a wanted sign and a bounty here.........

the jacket looks very similar in color and design to this one:

201136s_small.jpg

and is a mens size medium. The underarms are kind of a blue or lavender color but the main body matches the photo. Colar is lined with some black fleece. It was the Cloudveil Veiled peak jacket and now that I'm shopping for a relplacement, I'm getting a little more angry, it was perfect for what I needed and has been discontinued.

the pocket knife looked like this:

C11BK.jpg

and has a short leather shoe lace for a lanyard.

I'm looking at spending about $200 to replace them and the guidebook so a reward would be tendered if the items are recovered. No questions asked, offer expires on May 30th.

I was high on icicle buttress once and watched a dude look in all my windows of my car and check to see if the doors were locked. Maybee he wanted my jacket and stuff that was inside.

If I scream at him, he'll know I can't get him and take his time. If I throw rocks it'll hit my car!

----

Not to drift away from your thread, but I hope you get your stuff back. If you don't, karma will catch up with the dude who took your stuff. He'll die wearing it while avalanched or something.

A number of years ago Buhler and I did Castle and hiked up to Midnight one day during the week.

Got back to the car to find his Rabbit's window bashed in, our gear stolen, his North Cape pile jacket and our wallets gone.

Both of us were very pissed. Couple of days later we spotted three guys top roping near Z crack and the .9 on the upper rock. One of the idiots was wearing Buhlers bright red NC jacket and my glasses. MFs. Called the local county guys later as an after thought. Deputy wondered why we didn't just kick some ass and then call. Ya, I know how that would have went down even then. Pop a cap Trask and you'll rightfully go to jail, bonehead. rolleyes.gif

Best part was locking up the dude who was belaying with Carlo's jacket and my Varnets. Then retrieving their rope and cutting it into a couple of pieces for them with a rock. smileysex5.gif

Deputy was right, that was more years ago than I care to count, but we should have kicked the shit out of them and skipped the phone call. Buhler was the "peaceful" type.

I'd say screw the "no questions" asked.

How about $1000 reward to the guy who publically IDs the POS so you (how about the entire community) can do a little pay back.

You think you were the first or the last?

Edited by Dane

On the upside REI has their powershield 4 way, "One" jacket on sale for $139. Just picked one up today and a seems a fair piece. Clipit Delica can be had on-line for $40 or less I suspect.

Trask doing this moon.gif 3 to 5 priceless pitty.gif

Sorry about your stuff getting ripped Bronco. It really sucks!

Edited by Dane

Dane said:

I'd say screw the "no questions" asked.

How about $1000 reward to the guy who publically IDs the POS so you (how about the entire community) can do a little pay back.

You think you were the first or the last?

Thanks for the sentiment, I thought I'd give them an opportunity to return the stuff, prolly a little nieve on my part, but, we'll see if anything happens prior to the 30th.

trask said:

Dane said:

Ya, I know how that would have went down even then. Pop a cap Trask and you'll rightfully go to jail, bonehead. rolleyes.gif

with good behavior you're out in 3-5 for murder in this state

no big thang wave.gif

I have always prided myself on being a peaceful guy. When I got ripped off and I found out who did it, I got my stuff back and told them off. Big whoop. They laugh at you afterwards for months or years. Make a difference. Kick ass and cut loose a few rounds. The bastards need a steeper learning curve. If it don't hurt they won't change.

Bug said:

trask said:

Dane said:

Ya, I know how that would have went down even then. Pop a cap Trask and you'll rightfully go to jail, bonehead. rolleyes.gif

with good behavior you're out in 3-5 for murder in this state

no big thang wave.gif

I have always prided myself on being a peaceful guy. When I got ripped off and I found out who did it, I got my stuff back and told them off. Big whoop. They laugh at you afterwards for months or years. Make a difference. Kick ass and cut loose a few rounds. The bastards need a steeper learning curve. If it don't hurt they won't change.

Right on Bug. Criminals are a different beast than you and I...well, you, anyway. They basically have no conscience and seldom any remorse. You can't reason with them and really the only way to make an impression on them is through force. If you're not willing to fight fire with fire, then don't be bitching about it.

my stepdad was a mechanic in yakima in the early 70s. someone stole all his cornwall and snap on tools. he had his name engraved into them. so he put an ad in the paper asking to buy some tools. sure enough some one calls and my stepdad agrees to meet him. they meet guy pulls bob's tools outta his truck. bob's name and drivers license # is on them all. bob asks why he is selling them he has some reason. so bob pulls out his credit card and asks if he takes credit. the guy takes it says no, but then notices the name on the tools and the credit card are the same. so....bob beat the shit out of him in the parking lot. country sherrif was called and didnt give a shit about the crook.

i wonder if he ever stole again?

• 3 weeks later...
Bronco said:

To: Driver of grey or silver Toyota (or similar) mini van with gear box on roof who climbed the R & D route on Icicle Butt today as a party of 4 (3 guys and 1 female).

Re: Return of jacket and contents in pockets.

Sir or Madam:

Today one of the people in your party removed my Jacket from the base of the climb. It was stashed in or on a bush near your addidas shoes, Chalcos, black clogs, black sweater and black & green Black Diamond rope bag. I request you contact me to return the jacket and contents of the pockets by May 30. No questions asked if the Jacket, guide book and pocket knife are returned.

wave.gif

OK! Since you've made no attempt to contact me, no more Mr. Niceguy. It's time to go huntin' evils3d.gif

rambo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been checking this site out the past couple weeks and remembered this post. Anyway, this weekend I noticed a 3x5 card up at Der Sportsmen's in Leavenworth. It was dated 5/20 and mentioned that someone had picked up a jacket at R&D. I don't remember if there was a contact # or if the items were at the store but it would be worth placing a call to Der Sportsmens and seeing if they have your stuff.

Good luck, either getting your gear back or hunting down the guilty party. cool.gif

I got the gear back, except the guide book, but, I have a name and number where to find it, hopefully the dude will be nice enough to mail it to me.

The guy who took it said he thought it belonged to someone else in his party and when he realized it didn't a day later, posted some cards at the local gear shops to find the owner which the previous poster noticed and thankfully contacted me (Thank you!).

Ben, don't blow up his van! blush.gif

Bronco said:

I got the gear back, except the guide book, but, I have a name and number where to find it, hopefully the dude will be nice enough to mail it to me.

The guy who took it said he thought it belonged to someone else in his party and when he realized it didn't a day later, posted some cards at the local gear shops to find the owner which the previous poster noticed and thankfully contacted me (Thank you!).

Ben, don't blow up his van! blush.gif

thumbs_up.gifroger that! bigdrink.gif