Washington State Patrol

MtnHigh

Got pulled over twice this weekend by the Wa State Patrol driving to and fro 11worth from Portland.

Both instances were in the Ellensburg area on Hwy 97.

thumbs_down.gifThe first time was on Hwy 97/Faust Rd just W of Eburg going 57mph.

It's a 40mph trap. Total sucker punch

thumbs_down.gifThe second time just S of Eburg for going 66 in a 60 zone. What's up with that? confused.gif

Get this, I didn't get ticketed for either one. yelrotflmao.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, state patrol is the most fucking worthess law enforcement agency. They are glorified traffic cops. I've met a couple of them who are actually very cool guys, but the whole concept of the state patrol to me is ridiculous. the_finger.gif

LIKE I WAS TELLING MY FRIEND THE OTHER DAY THEY PULL YOU OVER AS THEY PERCEIVE YOU ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW. YOU ARE GIVING THEM THE ABILITY TO PULL YOU OVER BY EXHIBITING BAD DRIVING AND SPEEDING IS BAD DRIVING.

SO DONT GIVE THEM A REASON TO PULL YOU OVER AND THERE IS NO ISSUE, YOU DONT NEED TO DEAL WITH THEM.

ITS KINDA EASY, I BELIEVE IT IS CALLED PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

TOUGH I KNOW!

Erik, responsibility and not speeding have nothing to do with each other. The speed limits are set up for revenue generation, as are the speed limits. Ever noticed they don't run speed traps in the rain/snow, but always on lovely clear days when you can safely travel 80mph on a wide open interstate? Yeah, well, fuck them. It doesn't have a damn bit to do with safety.

JOSH

YOU SOUND DUMB

AS AN INSURANCE ADJUSTER I SEE WHAT DRIVING TOO FAST DOES. ALMOST EVERY SINGLE ACCIDENT INVOLVES SPEEP, WHETER IT BE 2MPH OR 100 MPH.

YOU MIGHT BE THE BEST DRIVER IN THE WORLD, OPERATING YOUR FINELY TUNED EUROPEAN ROADSTER AND WHEN JOE SCHMOE CUTS YOU OFF AND AND YOU CANNOT REACT. YOU STILL GET MESSED UP.

SPEED LIMITS ARE TOO KEEP THE NON-EXPERT DRIVERS AND THE SUPRISINGLY ENOUGH THE EXPERTS INLINE. YOU HAVE TOO MANY VARIABLES WHILE DRIVING THAT YOU CANNOT CONTROL.

AND THE REASON THEY ARE NOT OUT PATROLLING IN CRAPPY WEATHER IS THAT THEY ARE BUSY CLEANING UP THE PEOPLE WHO WERE DRIVING OUTSIDE THEIR ABILITES IN CONDITIONS.

SPEED LIMITS ARE A GOOD THING.

NO ONE IS AN EXPERT DRIVER.

AND JOSH OPERATING A MOTOR VEHICLE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH RESPONSIBILITY.

erik said:

so explain why the speed limit on the interstate goes from 70 in Washington to 55 in Oregon. does crossing into Oregon make you that much of a worse driver you need to slow down 15 mph?

I DONT KNOW WHY OREGON HAS CHOOSEN THE SPEED LIMIT.

ALL I DO IS ATTEMPT TO MINIMIZE MY POLICE TIME BY GIVING THEM LESS OF A REASON TO PULL ME OVER.....

PLUS I DRIVE A PIECE OF SHIT, SO I CANT DRIVE FAST!

Dru said:

erik said:

so explain why the speed limit on the interstate goes from 70 in Washington to 55 in Oregon. does crossing into Oregon make you that much of a worse driver you need to slow down 15 mph?

YES!

Dru said:

erik said:

Oregon won't even let you pump your own gas. Oregon people are stoopid. fruit.gif

Dru said:

so explain why the speed limit on the interstate goes from 70 in Washington to 55 in Oregon.

The speed limit on I-84 from Eastern Oregon to Portland vicinity is 65 mph, not 55. So it's only 5 mph less than it is in WA. Not too big of a deal.

Furthermore, when an interstate highway enters the corporate limits of any code city with a population greater than 100,000 people, the speed limit on said interstate highway is dropped to 55 mph. That's a federal mandate, not state instituted. Why this value is chosen is not known to me, I just know that's what it is.

The interstate highway system was funded by federal defense dollars and construction began back in the Red Scare days of the 1950s in order to (obstensibly) move troops and war materials across the country to combat a commie invasion. How the military planners thought this would be valuable is anyone's guess, but we got a pretty skoocum highway system out of the deal.

That's all for today's highway engineering lesson, boys and girls, Class dismissed. wave.gif

Winter said:

WTF?! I thought we were gonna hear stories about you criminals getting arrested. This thread blows. madgo_ron.gif

I got arrested in Daytona Beach over 20 years ago on July 4. Does that count?

Had to spend 3 days in jail for an OC violation cuz I only had $12 on me and couldn't post bail. They still show me in their records... shocked.gif

vegetablebelay said:

Dru said:

erik said:

Oregon won't even let you pump your own gas. Oregon people are stoopid. fruit.gif

Oregon fucking sucks. I would never live in a state where you aren't free to pump your own gas. wave.gif

AlpineK said:

vegetablebelay said:

Dru said:

erik said:

Oregon fucking sucks. I would never live in a state where you aren't free to pump your own gas. wave.gif

no shit...how ya 'spose to dine and dash with an attendent standin' there evils3d.gif