Worst Excuse To Not Climb

Dru

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bDubyaH said:

"I just don't feel that motivated" rolleyes.gif

After driving three hours to climb, he turned around and went home. Last time I climbed with him pitty.gif

my version of this i heard was "i'm not feeling like twight today"...this after driving 5 hours. the objective: forbidden. the promised consulation prize: "let's just go climb at broughton instead"

Upon completing the arduous over-and-around-the-barbed-wire, across-the-irrigation-canal, and down-the-vegetated-gravelly-slope approach to Smith's Upper Gorge and then plunking down the packs at the base of the warmup of choice, putting on the harness and racking up some draws: "You have the rope, right?" "What? Dude, YOU were bringing the rope!" B__ then goes to take a leak before hiking back out, and proceeds to sprain his ankle on the rocks by the river. We limp back to the car, and the entire day is shot.

madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gifmadgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gifmadgo_ron.gif

a few years back, my ISO and I get up early to head to tieton. I pack lunch and misc. he's in charge of gear.

We stop for gas at which point i realize i haven't grabbed all the money i thought i had. We spend a good 30 min arguing about the fact that were a couple hundred miles from home and we've got $8. (we had lunch and plenty of gas) One of those melodramatic moments rolleyes.gif when he insists that we should just go home.

I convince him otherwise. We hike up to where we had planned on climbing only to find out we had no harnesses. That was the biggest waste of a day!

Fence_Sitter said:

what? you can dish it, but you cant take it... choke on your gri-gri- yuo lycra wearin, bubaru drivin, hangdoggin, whinnin hippie...

'chootalkin'bout, holmes? Sounds like you're the one who can't take it; with your Carhartts or whatever you crack-wranglers wear all in a twist. Fuckin' cream-filled twink.