Those Big Orange things up Icicle

klar404

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

E-rock

i have thought about the artist's expression many days over... but, in my little humble opinion i think the "experiment" has run it's course and should be taken down. i am tired of seeing such an ugly display of "art" along the hillside of icicle ridge. Bullsheit. it isn't new york, seattle, san Fransico or some other gayass city. if you like it so much why don't you go buy the ugly crap and put it on your side of the mts! bigdrink.gif

btw- don't forget to apply to field job and glad to hear you guys didn't "epic" on the descent gully. How was finding the trail??? grin.gif

More info, some of this has already been stated. This is an email my friend sent me, after I sent him this link. Thanks Ken.

(We) stopped at that house on the way out of the canyon to talk to the people about that stuff. We talked to this really old couple for about half and hour about it. Anyhow as is says on the thread they are going to install about 25 miles of these in Central Park in 2005. The couples son who lives in the house next door was testing them out over the past several months to check how the wind effects them and to get the weighting figured out as they are just plopped down on the ground with weights at the bottom and not buried at all in the ground. Their son works with the artist 'Cristo'. It is supposed to take about two years to install all of them I think. Anyhow we got to walk around there and take some good photos. Glad I stopped in before they took them down.

AAarrrgh. Please don't let them send those things to NYC. Even some of us fruit.gif over here on the wrong side of the coast don't want to see those mucking up Central Park.

I have a better idea. They look kind of like wands on steroids. Why not set them up on the DC route on Rainier? grin.gif

mdidriksen said:

AAarrrgh. Please don't let them send those things to NYC. Even some of us fruit.gif over here on the wrong side of the coast don't want to see those mucking up Central Park.

oh god, yes, i'd hate to see anyone muck up the pristine natural environment of central park. it's like, untouched by the hand of man...

I can't believe the moderators in the sky haven't moved this to spray. Nice to see others have stoped and talked to the couple that are hosting these things. I guess the only thing that really bugs me about them is the pad below them. Its a hell of an uncomfortable place to chill. And the surface area adds up quick with 25 miles of them in Central Park.