• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bill_Simpkins said:

Local Beach Landings=Clayton Beach, Bellingham

yeah, those are great...did all them way back in 1999-2002... the really good "sandy" problems (all along Larabee) need a spot and a pad... or TR... Death potential in the rocky barnicles is frightening! and those starfish.. cantfocus.gif Lookout they bite! bigdrink.gif

Szyjakowski said:

Bill_Simpkins said:

yeah, those are great...did all them way back in 1999-2002... the really good "sandy" problems (all along Larabee) need a spot and a pad... or TR... Death potential in the rocky barnicles is frightening! and those starfish.. cantfocus.gif Lookout they bite! bigdrink.gif

Yikes! Lookout!

starfish.jpg

ScottP said:

Szyjakowski said:

Bill_Simpkins said:

Yikes! Lookout!

starfish.jpg

that's some pretty impressive googleimagesearching there scott, or did you have that puppy bookmarked?

actually starfish don't have teeth. they eat by using suction to pry open clams and muscles and then egesting their stomachs inside out in between the two shells.

i used egesting in a sentence. thread drift from f-14 story. moon.gif

Dwayner said:

and the report continues...."What were once deserted desert canyons of volcanic tuff were overnight transformed into bouldering opportunities of world-class note."

"bouldering OPPORTUNITIES of WORLD-CLASS note."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Here come the turtles!

020419-PBC_HikingToTheCompetition_sm.jpg

020419-PBC_StartingTheHikeToCompete_sm.jpg

Go ahead and cry cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif while all those "poor, misguided non-climbers" crank down and have a blast, while you whine about how this isn't 'real' climbing. Bouldering is great training, and just because it has evolved beyond training into a separate activity doesn't mean it isn't fun, or rewarding. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

"Sphinx" says:

"Go ahead and cry while all those "poor, misguided non-climbers" crank down and have a blast, while you whine about how this isn't 'real' climbing. Bouldering is great training, and just because it has evolved beyond training into a separate activity doesn't mean it isn't fun, or rewarding."

Dwayner say: No one's stoppin' you from totin' your pad, Sparky, and nobody's stoppin' me from thinkin' it's lame. America....what a country!

shopImg1.jpg

Dwayner said:

"Sphinx" says:

"Go ahead and cry while all those "poor, misguided non-climbers" crank down and have a blast, while you whine about how this isn't 'real' climbing. Bouldering is great training, and just because it has evolved beyond training into a separate activity doesn't mean it isn't fun, or rewarding."

Dwayner say: No one's stoppin' you from totin' your pad, Sparky, and nobody's stoppin' me from thinkin' it's lame. America....what a country!

shopImg1.jpg

D-Wayner, methinks you spend too much time beliittling sport climbing. You would never be around a sport climber, much less a boulderer, so why do you care what they're doing out in the middle of the desert near a few 20 foot rocks? You're beginning to sound like a broken record.

Oh, BTW, you keep slamming sport climbing. What do you think of new-school mixed? It's worse than sport climbing, as it takes the bastion of trad ice (more 'manly' than trad rock), and converts it to a 'no risk' 'pansy' sport. Plus it scratches up the rock in addition to drilling holes and placing bolts. It's all pointless anyways.

Say, weren't you the one drooling over all the beachside limestone pics? How're you going to protect those? Sling a gecko maybe?

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

"sphinx" say:

"D-Wayner, methinks you spend too much time beliittling sport climbing."

Haven't done that in while. Is this an invitation?

And what's with "methinks"? Is that a real word or are you part of that group that dresses up in Middle Age garb and re-enacts the old days? How about a few posts using that kind of chatter throughout? It would be a real novelty and liven up your sarcasm.

"You would never be around a sport climber, much less a boulderer, so why do you care what they're doing out in the middle of the desert near a few 20 foot rocks? You're beginning to sound like a broken record."

I've been around plenty of them. Don't confuse having an opinion necessarily with "caring". I do, however, have an issue with indiscriminate bolting and as sport-climbing is by nature bolt-dependent, it is often worthy of scorn. I think bouldering is goofy....you obviously care. As long as you pick up your garbage and don't kill alot of vegetation with your portable mattress, go get 'em, cowboy!

Broken record? I guess it must be unfashionable to have a consistent opinion.

"Oh, BTW, you keep slamming sport climbing. What do you think of new-school mixed? It's worse than sport climbing, as it takes the bastion of trad ice (more 'manly' than trad rock), and converts it to a 'no risk' 'pansy' sport. Plus it scratches up the rock in addition to drilling holes and placing bolts. It's all pointless anyways."

New School Mixed...isn't that the name of the latest hip boy-band that's got them teenagers all hot and bothered? Your request for my opinion regarding the above comes off as less than sincere, but your description seems about right.

"Say, weren't you the one drooling over all the beachside limestone pics? How're you going to protect those? Sling a gecko maybe?"

Get your facts straight....they're volcanic.

Dude....get yourself a beer, sort your quickdraws and send that bouldering pad-liner to the laundry. And by the way, you have all the style and syntax of the one who posts under the name "sexy cocoa". I suspect that you are likely one and the same. If you're bored, do your trolling with someone else....I ain't in the mood no mo.

WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

PadPeople.jpg

5 minute drive from home. 5 minute walk up the trail.

fun as hell, requires no partner or planning, and keeps me strong.

69tubbs_old_3.jpg

69tubbs_new_3.jpg

69tubbs_old_2.jpg

besides, a crash pad makes a great futon for kickin' back, swilling beer, and watching the sun set after a hard day of pulling down.

i like my pad.

i like my rack.

i like my draws.

and now i'm out for the weekend...

peace,