Speeding Ticket

allthumbs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about a guy who once got pulled over in Concrete just for turning his head to look at the cop. At least that's what he told me. He said he wasn't even speeding, maybe even going under the speed limit. Maybe true, maybe not true; better you believe when it comes to Concrete.

I think you must have been verrry polite to that officer. My last encounter was more than two years ago on the North Cascades highway. I was riding on two wheels at the time. I was running at an indicated 120, and just happened to drop back to about 80 when approached by the WSP heading the opposite direction. A quick glance in the mirror tells the tail, all brake lights.

I immediately pull over and am un-helmeted when he pulls up. "What's the hurry?" "Oh, no hurry, really". Yadda yadda. I get off with nothing but a verbal, since I think he is somewhat puzzled to find an old guy on the bike and not a rickey racer with an attitude.

Anyway, sounds like the visit to the courthouse was worth the trip. Highway 9 is not the ride it used to be, is it?

last year in oregon I met a couple guys from colorado in a 1963 black mustang at a gas station, who mentioned that they always drove as fast as they felt like through oregon, then slowed down in washington because the state patrol were much worse there. I had been keeping up with them for a couple hundred miles at about 30 above the speed limit. so of course I left the gas station first, and while going maybe 15 over, waiting for them to catch up, I got pulled over. 175 bucks, and who's gonna drive seven hours back to bakersfield for a damn court date? never gotten pulled over on highways in washington, so I think they had it backwards. just in island county for going one mile over the 25 limit, and he asked me what my hurry was (worse than concrete!).

speed traps getting to our climbs:

1. Concrete (they've got some really creative hiding spots.)

2. North Bend area

3. First overpass as you head westbound on i-90 from sno. pass

4. Sultan

5. The long straigtaway on icicle creek road

6. US 2 around peshastin

7. Heading Eastbound on i90 from elk heights

8. Eatonvillle on way to Rainier- Cops and locals are real a-holes! Spend your money in Elbe oe ashford instead.

9. Hood-Just before you start gaining elevation on your way to gov.t camp.

Others I forgot anyone?

bigdrink.gif

aint_this_great said:

last year in oregon I met a couple guys from colorado in a 1963 black mustang at a gas station, who mentioned that they always drove as fast as they felt like through oregon, then slowed down in washington because the state patrol were much worse there. I had been keeping up with them for a couple hundred miles at about 30 above the speed limit. so of course I left the gas station first, and while going maybe 15 over, waiting for them to catch up, I got pulled over. 175 bucks, and who's gonna drive seven hours back to bakersfield for a damn court date? never gotten pulled over on highways in washington, so I think they had it backwards. just in island county for going one mile over the 25 limit, and he asked me what my hurry was (worse than concrete!).

No way dude! As someone who has spent most of their live in Oregon, Oregon has much less cops on the road then Washington. I remember driving that stretch between Salem and Portland going 15 over every time, never get caught, much less even SEE a five-o on the road. Once you get out of the portland area you can drive as fast as you want. As opposed to up here in Washington, where you can expect to see cops on the highway just about every time you are. Take my speeding ticket for example last weekend, and my count of AT LEAST SEVEN COPS BETWEEN HERE AND LEAVENWORTH AND BACK AGAIN this weekend. madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

The 55 mph stretch of I-84 between I-205 and troutdale in Portland. I see people pulled over there all the time. I once saw a speed trap consisting of 1 motorcycle cop and at least 6 or 7 cop cars (there were 3-4 cars pulled over, a few waiting, and a few pulling around.) Outside of Portland I've never had a problem though.