PUB CLUB 4-22

Dave_Schuldt

AlpineK said:

For future reference the Big Time Brewery is full of stinky hippies that love The Greatfull Dead and that shitty wanna be dead band The String Cheese Incident. The last time I was at the Big Time I pissed off one of the bar tenders by making fun of the SCI.

Fuck the Big Time madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif And fuck that stinky fucking oil that I can never remember how to spell but hippies love. madgo_ron.gif

I'm willing to go to Hales, but it is an overpriced yuppy fuck fuck place. Don't say you weren't warned. At least the Ballard Ale House is across the street.

snaf.gif

damn, sounds like you're drunk already.....why wait for pub club?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinker said:

AlpineK said:

For future reference the Big Time Brewery is full of stinky hippies that love The Greatfull Dead and that shitty wanna be dead band The String Cheese Incident. The last time I was at the Big Time I pissed off one of the bar tenders by making fun of the SCI.

Fuck the Big Time madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif And fuck that stinky fucking oil that I can never remember how to spell but hippies love. madgo_ron.gif

I'm willing to go to Hales, but it is an overpriced yuppy fuck fuck place. Don't say you weren't warned. At least the Ballard Ale House is across the street.

snaf.gif

damn, sounds like you're drunk already.....why wait for pub club?

More like channeled agression. the_finger.gif

What's not to hate about hippies and fern bars? hmm.

AlpineK said:

For future reference the Big Time Brewery is full of stinky hippies that love The Greatfull Dead ... madgo_ron.gif

snaf.gif

yelrotflmao.gifAlpineK, if you think the BigTime is a hippie hole, then you don't even want to know that I was going to suggest the Blue Moon Saloon. It's technically the oldest pub in seattle. That place is full of deadheads, beatniks who've taken so much heroin they still think it's the 50's, and just hopeless drunks. Then you've also got the occassional college kids strollin' through, but not many. Definitely an ecclectic mix of folks, unlike most any other mainstream americana place you'll find in town. I held off on suggesting it though, cuz I know you hate the dead and all things hippie!

So what's it going to be folks? Any other suggestions other than Hale's and Ballard Ale House? I've only gone to a few pub clubs and I know there's more on your regular pub club list than the few I've been to. What are yer favorite drinkin' holes, you fuck fuck fern climbin' holes?

bigdrink.gif

I didn't realize there was a dress code at the Camlin. I swear I've been there in jeans and sneakers before.

There's some bar over at Fisherman's Terminal that I've been to once. I think it may be called the Highliner? I've seen some music there before. It's right next to Chinook's restaurant. Pretty damn unassuming place. Anyone else been there?

dalius said:

AlpineK said:

For future reference the Big Time Brewery is full of stinky hippies that love The Greatfull Dead ... madgo_ron.gif

snaf.gif

yelrotflmao.gifAlpineK, if you think the BigTime is a hippie hole, then you don't even want to know that I was going to suggest the Blue Moon Saloon. It's technically the oldest pub in seattle. That place is full of deadheads, beatniks who've taken so much heroin they still think it's the 50's, and just hopeless drunks. Then you've also got the occassional college kids strollin' through, but not many. Definitely an ecclectic mix of folks, unlike most any other mainstream americana place you'll find in town. I held off on suggesting it though, cuz I know you hate the dead and all things hippie!

So what's it going to be folks? Any other suggestions other than Hale's and Ballard Ale House? I've only gone to a few pub clubs and I know there's more on your regular pub club list than the few I've been to. What are yer favorite drinkin' holes, you fuck fuck fern climbin' holes?

bigdrink.gif

Don't try and lecture to a local boy about bars in Seattle. Where are you from? The East Coast? Cali? wazzup.gif

Szyjakowski said:

AlpineK said:

And fuck that stinky fucking oil that I can never remember how to spell but hippies love. madgo_ron.gif

patchouli alpineK your my new hero...after rat of course! bigdrink.gif

It ain't just hippies wearing that stuff, that's for sure. I used to smell it all of the time at punk rock shows. I thought it was some special soap all the punk scene was into. Called it "that punk rock smell".

So does that make punk rockers the same as hippies?

Kill your mother! Love your brother!

Fuck the police! Love the one you're with!

Anarchy in the UK! One Love, one heart!

rockband.gif

Szyjakowski said:
ehmmic said:So are we drinking at the Ballard Alehouse or what?
no everyone voted for the GOclub in Olympia. See ya there tonight although those 34oz brews at the sloop sound good...are they still $5??bigdrink.gif
Hhmm...guess I missed that pole. The 34 oz brews at the Sloop are still $5 for micros. I think macrobrews are cheaper.So here's a poll:

Earth Day Pub ClubBallard AlehouseHale's BreweryThe Sloop TavernSomewhere in OlympiaSome other yuppy "fern bar"

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

ExtremoMtDude said:

so whats this pub club thing all about?

All day on Monday and Tuesday, it is all about who can whine the loudest about smoke, yuppies, or having to drive accross town, and then there is the occasional grudge match that lingers for weeks or even months when somebody doesn't get their way. But if you hang in their long enough to find out where it's going to be, you'll be welcome. And if you show up, you'll find that it is just a bunch of the regular's and not-so-regulars from cc.com, talking about where they've been climbing or who offered the most clever post in the past few days. Once the beers start to roll, its all peace and love and AlpineK stops bitching about the pachuli oil, Captain Caveman turns out to be your best friend, and Dwayner and V even show up to sign autographs. Sometimes we have show and tell, with somebody's pictures or the latest new gizmo or whatever, and of course there is the occasional gear swap. To identify each other, we all wear helmets with our names on the front of them.