Spring Party in Mazama

David_Parker

There was much talk when this party should happen. Basically as soon as the pass opened. It's open and I'm sure there will be many headed that way this weekend. But it is short notice and it could wait one more weekend. I have circumstances that make this weekend better for me than next but either will work. I'm inclined to let the weather have a say as well. Next weekend makes sense from the standpoint there will be a little more planning involved. I don't know how to set up one of those polls, so I guess lets get some votes for "This" weekend (19/20) or "next" weekend (26/27). For those of you in the dark, see the "spring ski in" post at the top of the Freshies page. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, the Official Party is next weekend, April 26,27. There is most likely going to be a warm up this weekend. I will confirm soon and post directions. I intend to get a port-a-potty and will be accepting contributions ($$) at the party. Alpine K is the official firewarden and will bring some fire wood, but suggest a few other throw a few logs in. Looks like Beck will join me as Grand Marshall. Also, anyone with kids are welcome to come as well. Mine will most likely be with me and I hope to have the immediate area around the cabin mostly kid friendly and the tent area for all saftey checks until they are all in bed. My kid has heard/seen me swear and drink so I have no concerns about that. It's a party and we're going to have fun. Is there a keg coming?????? Anyone want to take charge of that?

Beck is already helping shape snoslog 2003-

and a heads up, The AAC is looking to host a slideshow/drinking fest in May, talked to Scott Backies today about it. Will keep everyone posted.

Also, the third annual Cascade Climbers Ropeup is on track for this fall in Leavenworth.