music these days...

JoshK

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the new Black Label Society album to come out on the 22nd, heard some clips and it is as good as all the other albums! rockband.gif

There is a lot of good shit out there if you know where to find it, and the radio is not the place to look for good music!!!

rockband.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

fern said:

whatta buncha snobs tongue.gif

Sellout! Soccer mom! yelrotflmao.gif

if you wanna burn and mail me a CD of some of your

favourite tunes DFA I will happily reciprocate. But

ego-stroking-I-am-so-cool-and-not-mainstream music wank

discussions are so yellowsleep.gif

fern said:

if you wanna burn and mail me a CD of some of your

favourite tunes DFA I will happily reciprocate. But

ego-stroking-I-am-so-cool-and-not-mainstream music wank

discussions are so yellowsleep.gif

Wha ..? Deriding the popular music apparatus is a time-honored tradition! They will stop getting pooped on when they stop turning out poop. Honestly, is there anything on the Top 40 stations that is really worth a listen lately? Mostly not. Bunch of one-hit-wonder, focus-group-created bands shoehorned into the image du jour, whose one hits shouldn't even be b-side material. What's to like?

ChrisT said:

I enjoyed the early punk scene at the Greek Theater...English Beat, Bow Wow Wow, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads and Jerry Garcia.

Say what? Were any of the above ever considered "punk"? New Wave maybe (except for garcia) but punk?!?!?

I saw Queen circa 1980. One of the finer shows I ever went to--that I can remember.

Fern, what is this make you a CD business? DFA is not making anyone any CDs; he can't even get it together to download and burn a CD for himself.

But here's a list, knock yourself out on your filesharing network of choice, and throw your fave cuts on a disc:

Hot Water Music: It's Hard to Know, Difference Engine, One Step to Slip, A Clear Line, Where We Belong, Better Sense, Minno, At the End of a Gun, Jet Set Ready

Alkaline Trio: Bleeder, Armageddon, Goodbye Forever, Stupid Kid, Trucks & Trains, 5-3-10-4, Fuck You Aurora, Sundials, San Francisco, Nose Over Tail, Radio

Avail: Tuesday, Armchair, McCarthy, Blue Times Two, Gravel to Dirt, N30, Leather, Nickel Bridge, New #2, Cross Tie

Those three bands work well together, but there's certainly more where that came from.

rbw1966 said:

ChrisT said:

I enjoyed the early punk scene at the Greek Theater...English Beat, Bow Wow Wow, Elvis Costello, Talking Heads and Jerry Garcia.

Say what? Were any of the above ever considered "punk"? New Wave maybe (except for garcia) but punk?!?!?

I saw Queen circa 1980. One of the finer shows I ever went to--that I can remember.

Those are all New Wave bands. Punk was Sex Pistols, Generation X, The Clash, etc.

Johnny Cash, baby!!!