Boycott Arab made goods!

lummox

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you on the Psylocybe stunzii right now? You're like W. S. Burroughs. "Where's the Steely Dan? I like eggs! This plate is chipped. Who's car? We ran to the edge and turned, laughing. Spank it! Spank it!"

YouDub is a moron factory. Do yourself a favor and join a fraternity if you want a real education. There's nothing like "Training" a Hoe with the Bros on fifteen cups of keg beer, three hits of acid, and a handful of ephedrine.

Okay, I've been out all afternoon and missed the most recent tussle, but some have been crying out for a moderator, so I'll respond.

Ray's lame attempt at a limerick (complete lack of rhyme and rhythm, don't quit your day job) was a slur and not a threat. It's a riff on the despicable "Allison is a slut" smear campaign that has been around a long time, and is getting really stale. It made the utterly untrue suggestion that she would like to have anal sex with a group of guys, and I think Allison has explicitly set the record straight on that subject. What it was not was a threat to force her to do this. I think this was RBW's point.

So how does it compare to other crap you all fling on each other, offers to cornhole, accusations of bestiality, and a host of other scatological and sexual slurs ladeled over various and sundry? Sexual Chocolate gets a vast load of this dreck mostly due to his political views. Necro both gives it and gets it. Trask and DFA are locked in an almost ritualistic mutual debasement. And I'm sure some of you are about to sling some at me. So what. Insult and slur are part and parcel of the Spray experience, and if you wanna play, you can't expect everyone to be nice to you all the time. Allison is a player in the game, and has a more than adequate command of the language to draw metaphysical blood should she choose. I agree that using sexual jive to degrade women is a part of the whole whore/madonna complex that fucks up many men, from Bill Bennett to Osama Bin Laden. But conflict is what some relish in this forum, and one should try and be fair and evenhanded in moderation. If I deleted Ray's stupid poem, I'd have to move on to taking out every reference to prison rape, and if I offered Allison protection from slur and slander I'd have to take similar action any time someone called Caveman a drunken psycho.

So what's over the line? Direct threats, sexual images, pedophile references, racist bullshit, and probably some other things that punch my personal buttons. I'm only one moderator. Other moderators may have different limits and hot issues, and may have an entirely different reaction to this thread. If some other moderator decides this thread is just over the top and wants to shut it down, I'm okay with that too.

You all realize of course that this only applies to Spray, and represents my opinion only. If you pull this crap in the Climbers Board I'll be glad to disappear it. If you do it repeatedly I'll be glad to ban you. People who don't want to bathe in bile need a place to discuss things too, and the Climbers Board is a much more civil forum for just that purpose.

Hey Off White, when you say Bill Bennett do you mean the former premier of BC? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

A Yes or No is fine. Id rather not hear who you do mean if its someone else. I feel like i just walked into someone's non sequitir and they left the lid up though.

Ray's lame attempt at a limerick (complete lack of rhyme and rhythm, don't quit your day job) was a slur and not a threat. It's a riff on the despicable "Allison is a slut" smear campaign that has been around a long time, and is getting really stale. It made the utterly untrue suggestion that she would like to have anal sex with a group of guys, and I think Allison has explicitly set the record straight on that subject. What it was not was a threat to force her to do this. I think this was RBW's point.

he is probably right but how is she supposed to know that? what's the percentage of women raped at least once?

Insult and slur are part and parcel of the Spray experience

not really, there are lots of people posting in spray who choose to stay away from that stuff. why would off topic posting have to result in exposure to systematic and vicious verbal abuse?

Allison is a player in the game, and has a more than adequate command of the language to draw metaphysical blood should she choose.

she apparently does not want to and yet is almost systematically hounded every time she posts

I agree that using sexual jive to degrade women is a part of the whole whore/madonna complex that fucks up many men, from Bill Bennett to Osama Bin Laden.

unfortunately it often translates into actual abuse

But conflict is what some relish in this forum, and one should try and be fair and evenhanded in moderation. If I deleted Ray's stupid poem, I'd have to move on to taking out every reference to prison rape, and if I offered Allison protection from slur and slander I'd have to take similar action any time someone called Caveman a drunken psycho.

it's not so much ray's poem in itself as the cumulation of sexual insults that have intensified in the recent past

So what's over the line? Direct threats, sexual images, pedophile references, racist bullshit, and probably some other things that punch my personal buttons. I'm only one moderator. Other moderators may have different limits and hot issues, and may have an entirely different reaction to this thread. If some other moderator decides this thread is just over the top and wants to shut it down, I'm okay with that too.

I am not arguing for getting rid of everything, because much of that stuff is done in good humor and or is done in the heat of the argument. What I object to is the hounding of a women with sexual slur. Allison is right! don't these guys have sisters, mothers and wives? and more than wanting moderation of the thread I meant to ask what those guys want to do with their site. I am sure most guys would not mind more women posting. so?

People who don't want to bathe in bile need a place to discuss things too, and the Climbers Board is a much more civil forum for just that purpose.

off topic posting or spray is not necessarily equivalent to bathing in bile

JB STFU idiot. Allison is obnoxious, and as they say, what comes around goes around.

I'm with OW. Spray is a vile seething pit which all of us make a free will choice whether to descend into or not.

There are limits, as some have found, but for the most part you're on your own. cry.gifwave.gif

JB STFU idiot. Allison is obnoxious, and as they say, what comes around goes around.

I don't know allison and I don't care what you think of her (or me if it matters). Actually I don't perceive much of what she has to say as obnoxious, and certainly much less than many others around here. whatever she has done to you or others does not warrant continual sexual verbal abuse.

I'm with OW. Spray is a vile seething pit which all of us make a free will choice whether to descend into or not.

you are right, you choose to place yourself in that pit. Don't expect me to follow you there.

AlpineK said:

So what you are saying is in your opinion, if you post in Spray, you deserve whatever is laid upon you in response. Nice logic, I can easily draw that to "you wear a short skirt, you are asking to get raped." Woman in short skirt is sexually taunting men, right?

Seems sort out of character for a soft-spoken yet opinionated smart lefty boy from a solid Quaker family to me! wave.gif

As far as whether or not Ray's limerick directly threatens, well, I'd agree that it does not. I think references to threats may have gotten mixed into the soup by accident. While I cannot speak for the entire female gender on this subject, I can say that the idea of a consensual gang-bang is not part of the typical feminine sexual psyche, and the idea makes the skin crawl and the stomach turn. You can believe me or don't believe me, but it is definitely over the line. It sounds just like rape run through our filters.

As far as references to prison rape, well, that is over the line and not funny too, and if it weren't on the board would we be missing so much? I especially support this idea if the object of the reference has a problem with jokes about he/she being raped in prison.

This is not so much about this one thread as it is about what is objectionable. I didn't see anyone freaking out when the line was drawn in the proverbial sand re pedophilia and the rape and abuse of kids. For me, this hits the triggers too. fruit.gif

Off_White said:

Ray's lame attempt at a limerick (complete lack of rhyme and rhythm, don't quit your day job) was a slur and not a threat. It's a riff on the despicable "Allison is a slut" smear campaign that has been around a long time, and is getting really stale.

"...Don't quit your day job" is an appropriate response to what you agree is a "despicable smear campaign"?

What exactly are you guys trying to run here?

Maybe I don't understand the history of this on-going illness but, as anyone with any sense of decency walking in on it would be, I am disgusted by it.

I'd ask yourself how callous you've become if you cannot curtail certain behaviour here.

It made the utterly untrue suggestion that she would like to have anal sex with a group of guys, and I think Allison has explicitly set the record straight on that subject. What it was not was a threat to force her to do this. I think this was RBW's point.

This is getting more than surreal.

Now you are actually talking about Allison's sexual preferences in the context of caveman's barbarism? You've always struck me as such a level-headed fellow.

So how does it compare to other crap you all fling on each other, offers to cornhole, accusations of bestiality, and a host of other scatological and sexual slurs ladeled over various and sundry?

I guess you've all relaxed your rules to keep the ratings up, huh? I thought I'd seen something about sexually charged content not being allowed. Hmmm.... Silly me for thinking there might be rules we agree to!

Insult and slur are part and parcel of the Spray experience, and if you wanna play, you can't expect everyone to be nice to you all the time.

See above. Sexually charged content is supposed to be off limits?

The only "players" (as you call them) you're gonna have are the brainless creeps who are into the most base "humor" they can muster from their deprived childhood days. Have fun.

I agree that using sexual jive to degrade women is a part of the whole whore/madonna complex that fucks up many men, from Bill Bennett to Osama Bin Laden. But conflict is what some relish in this forum, and one should try and be fair and evenhanded in moderation. If I deleted Ray's stupid poem, I'd have to move on to taking out every reference to prison rape, and if I offered Allison protection from slur and slander I'd have to take similar action any time someone called Caveman a drunken psycho.

What are you babbling about here? First you state a theory about the degradation of women (who are you agreeing with?), and somehow you end up comparing the degradation of women with calling caveman a drunken psycho. I see no similarities.

So what's over the line?

Maybe you should read the forum rules about topics with a sexually explicit nature. I think "getting gang-banged in the basement of a church" might be covered.

Again, maybe I'm wrong about my assumptions regarding this place. Maybe there is no code of conduct, even as the rules are supposed to create one. Maybe the creation of free-for-all mayhem is really what you guys want: Good for the ratings.

But tell me: Who's gonna want to contribute to this place (financially or otherwise) when it's over-run by maybe five idiots who can only get off with sexist/racist digs?

Good Luck!

AlpineK said:

No you're posting hear asswipe, so you're in with the rest of us. madgo_ron.gif

no no, you are mistaken. I am not in there with you. if you pay close attention you'll notice there is a big difference between my posts and yours.

Cpt.Caveman said:

since allison felt the need to drag my name into this thread I'd figure to give an adequate response to her useful bullshit with a poem:

Poem for allison

There once was a girl from Ballard

Whose backside was made for many a feller

They’d get in a row

And pound her like a ho

All done in the Lutheran cellar

wave.gif

Off-White is in fact reasonable, as is his interpretation of Ray's post. If you limit yourself to what the text actually says, rather than attributing hidden meanings to it, it is clear that Ray is saying "You are a slut," not "I am actively threatenting to rape you." Yeah - it's offensive - but it was clearly intended as an insult, not a threat, and the response it got seems quite overblown to me.