• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tomcat said:

fleblebleb said:

Bullshit Tom. You're applying playground logic to international politics.

Oops, should have said horseshit yellaf.gif

Please please point out my "playground logic". I challenge you to bring that to the table .. where is my playground logic at fleblebleb? I understand you are frustrated with your lack of understanding concerning the current Iraq invasion, but don't take it out on those of us who are attempting to uncloud your brain.

I haven't said a single word about my personal opinion of the Iraq war Tom. I'm just here for watching you. Don't fall off the horse!

fleblebleb said:

tomcat said:

fleblebleb said:

Bullshit Tom. You're applying playground logic to international politics.

Oops, should have said horseshit yellaf.gif

Please please point out my "playground logic". I challenge you to bring that to the table .. where is my playground logic at fleblebleb? I understand you are frustrated with your lack of understanding concerning the current Iraq invasion, but don't take it out on those of us who are attempting to uncloud your brain.

I haven't said a single word about my personal opinion of the Iraq war Tom. I'm just here for watching you. Don't fall off the horse!

There's no horse here .. there's right and wrong, and those who regret being wrong and see the fallacies of their thought. Those who regret being wrong serve to construct the very horse you speak of.

You guys are making this too easy on me. Like taking candy from a baby.

Tom-

Here's my rebuttal of your rebuttal:

1. Your article about Iraq's nuclear weapons program is five years old. The weapons inspectors have stated as recently as, like, December or January that there was no active nuclear weapons program, and although I believe Bush had made his statements only a few weeks earlier, the administration failed either to retract their statements or explain the discrepancy. The liberal press that Peter Puget complains of has not bothered to ask them for an explanation so maybe that is why you didn't notice this.

2. The Iraq-terrorist link you are referring to ("revealed" by Powell) revolves around a guy named Zurquawi. He runs a training camp in NE Iraq that is in Kurdish territory outside Iraq's control. His supposed meeting in Baghdad took place when he went there for medical treatment. I don't think it has been shown that there is any link to Saddam. I wouldn't doubt it if Saddam would allow him or someone else to plan attacks against America, but I'm just saying there has not been a single proven example -- and most Americans heard a year of rhetoric from Bush, Rumsfeld et al, did not question any of it even though most of the time absolutely no examples were offered, and concluded that all of this proves Iraq must have been behind 9-11 -- what the ???

3. The terrorists who have thus far been setting off bombs in Europe or Indonesia and running airplanes into tall buildings are not agents of any nation. That is the problem -- we cannot stop them by targeting a rogue nation. I support the invasion of Afghanistan to the extent that it was necessary to take out terrorist training camps, but I still fail to see how regime change is going to help. I think the flawed logic here is where you indicate that the "shock and awe" campaign in Baghdad is going to deter terrorists that operate with fake identities and work in independent cells scattered around the world.

-Matt

"I don't see your brilliant points being brought up here .. bring them to the table so I can argue them just like I've rebuked the rest! That is if you're not all talk."

yellaf.gif

Brilliant, brilliant juxtaposition of the classic passive-aggressive playground taunt "that is if you're not all talk" with your other posts disputing fleblebleb's assertion that you're using playground logic!

Oh, it's too much! yelrotflmao.gif

I'm sorry you're giving up, Tom. How about if I admit that I understand the idea that we are going to have to take him out sooner or later and we might as well get it over with now?

In my view, Bush et al should have stuck with that one simple idea, and they might have persuaded more of our regular allies to go along with them. Had they not spewed blatant rhetorical lies and had they not been so arrogant about stating that we do not need Europe or the U.N., they could have forged a true coalition as Bush Sr. did. If we were invading Iraq with U.N. backing, I still wouldn't like it but I'd feel very differently about the whole matter. Would you agree with this, or are you one of those guys who think the U.N. is just a tool of those who want to take our freedom away?

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

trask said:

True, they were on the fence yesterday, but they jumped on board a short time ago. Listen to me FDA, I'm on the inside track and I'll give you accurate and fair war reporting.

yellaf.gifthumbs_up.gif

Someone's "Walter Cronkite Junior Reporter Kit" just arrived in the mail!

LMFAO